GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEW Sydney GTG Videos - Putty Road & Wisemans Ferry 21_10_07

FattyBoomba

Live life in the R Lane!
Car(s)
Golf R32 Mark V
Hi Guys,

Here is the first of several short videos I am posting on youtube for your viewing pleasure. This particular one was funny to say the least :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRnEJhHEU8M

Cheers

FattyBoomba
:thumbup:

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
It was good for me (and I wasn't there) :smoking:

I see you are still having trouble with your "tight lines" Fatty :laugh:

Have you graduated to manual paddles yet?

FattyBoomba

Live life in the R Lane!
Car(s)
Golf R32 Mark V
more like loose lines :iono:

50/50 with paddle usage and auto. :biggrin:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
top video man....classic ahahahaa

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Who's GTI is that, hehehe :burnrubber:

I love my GTI too, nice work Nik thanks for posting that up!

FattyBoomba

Live life in the R Lane!
Car(s)
Golf R32 Mark V
Hi Guys,

Here is the link to all 4 short videos from the day that are compiled on youtube for your viewing pleasure. The last one (part 4) is quite riveting, racing down wisemans ferry road.

Part 1
=====
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRnEJhHEU8M&feature=PlayList&p=07A4CEDDA8F704EE&index=0

Part 2
=====
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUn5mr6tLVs&feature=PlayList&p=07A4CEDDA8F704EE&index=1

Part 3
=====
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Njr48_5IPk&feature=PlayList&p=07A4CEDDA8F704EE&index=2

Part 4
=====
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEX5_H7rv8I&feature=PlayList&p=07A4CEDDA8F704EE&index=3

Cheers

FattyBoomba

Last edited:

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Very nice. I think I detected some body roll in James' car! :tongue:

funny

Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Nice! Really disappointed i didn't get to make it now!!

WhiteJames

Fun Nazi
Car(s)
VW Golf GTI MKV
Part 4:
Richmond
This is where gmc experienced brake fade & a soft pedal.
Not to mention some tyres getting hot & squirmy. Hear FattyBoomba's tyres cop a beating at times.
Also where Rennenhaus said, "I smell burning clutch".
Corners very steep, tight & twisty; tyres & brakes working overtime.

Part 4 video: route overall was my favourite section of the day (the long sweeper to Wisemans Ferry where my rear end starts dancing around Renault Megane R26 F1 style takes the cake for my best single corner).

I managed to gain a little time from Nick out of some turns (Slow in; fast out). Overall everybody drove well once we become accustomed to the 2 sec rule.

Yes: My car does lean a bit. Didn't want to go for the full on sports springs or coil overs set to hard position. A little body roll gives GTI some throttle adjustability & forgiveness in turns. Mainly sits flat though. Mind you, those corners (esp part 4) were being worked enthusiastically to say the least. Very happy with the set up I have now as an overall compromise between ride/handling. Carry slight understeer into corner with mainly neutral tendencies mid corner at lower speed, and slight oversteer higher up into mid to high speed corners.

Nick did an excellent job of driving & Hellen with her handy video work.

gmc is yet to release his video which will show majority of the field.

Now going to watch the video over & over & over (esp part 4). Thanks again Fatty Boomba.

Cheers
James

Last edited:

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Really injoyed the last run as well, took a while to get there but it was more than worth it!!

FattyBoomba

Live life in the R Lane!
Car(s)
Golf R32 Mark V
Hi again,

I made a mistake with part 4 being down the wisemans ferry.. It is obviously somewhere else other than wisemans ferry.. BUT

I found a last video (Part 5) which I totally overlooked, and YET is the most riveting of them all! THIS IS THE WISEMANS FERRY RUN! Twisty, Twisty and Twisty! The Real ACTION starts at 2.00 minutes :) :burnrubber:

Enjoy!

Part 5
=====

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7ecpYkAZpE

Cheers

FattyBoomba (Nick)
:thumbup:

WhiteJames

Fun Nazi
Car(s)
VW Golf GTI MKV
Part 5:
Windsor to Wisemans Ferry route.
At 20 seconds interval was where the Renault Megane R26-F1 dancing rear end occured. Hard to see with FattyBoomba's car bobing up/down & his car fighting understeer. Can see rear of GTI giving way a little mid corner under power-on. Happened 3 times thru that sweeper. Nothing too wild or dramatic as you can see. Nothing to engage ESC. Fun.

Hellen knocking up some high B-sharps with the opera signing later on.

Fatty job well done. Some enthusiastic cornering later on.

Come to think of it; Who do I shout for coffee? Have to admit after seeing video, some minor infractions on the white lines on corner entry & mid corner to confess. Fatty's white-line infringements more noteable on corner exit - damn that understeer!

Problem is: Hellen will kill him if he spends any more on the GTI.
Good luck Fatty & thanks again for your efforts in part 5 video.

Cheers
James

Last edited:

funny

Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Who's tyre squeal is that at 2:55 in?
Bit zealous with the foot at full lock Fatty?

FattyBoomba

Live life in the R Lane!
Car(s)
Golf R32 Mark V
ahh.. yes.. umm.. I think that the tyre squeal was mostly mine and just a little from Whitejames if I remember correctly :biggrin:

Thanks for the compliments guys.. It's nice to give back something for all to remember, even if it was mostly James at the front of my video :laugh:

Oh and you are right, Hellen will kill me if I spend more on my GTI :eek:

Must give it a break and appreciate what I have already done..

Let me see, What have I spent on car within the two months I have owned it?:

1. * Audio Upgrade with 12" Sub and dedicated 800W Amp for big bass!
* Alpine Type X Component Speaker replacements in the front to majorly upgrade the sound quality in the front.
* Ipod Interface Kit
------> Total Audio Upgrade Cost $2,000

2. GIAC ECU Upgrade for 192KW stated power with 2 flash programs and flash Keyloader "keypad" to be able to downgrade at will.
------> Total Engine Software Upgrade Cost $1,150

3. Colour matching the body skirts with the rest of the car, from panel beaters ------> Total Paint matching Cost $650

4. Chrome mirror caps and chrome door handles ------> Total Chrome upgrade Cost $150

5. Car Signage for business use ------> Total Car Signage Cost $1,550

6. Pirelli P Zero Nero x 2 Front Tyres (After I blew one of my continental's in a pothole, and wanted to match the replacement tyre with the same make) ------> Total Front Tyre replacement cost $510

7. Neuspeed Torque Arm Insert and fitting, plus wheel alignment $155

8. Wheel RIM Repair x 1, and re-paint from Panel beaters $150

Total upgrades spent on GTI so far ------> $6,365

Yep.. I think Hellen is right :wub:

Cheers

FattyBoomba

Last edited: