GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New S2000 coming?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
http://autos.yahoo.com/news/honda-source-smaller-lighter-s2000-replacement-works-170014570.html

Honda Source: Smaller, Lighter S2000 Replacement in Works

When the Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ hit the scene, we rejoiced. Not only because the car is a dream to drive and toss around a track, but because there was the promise that it could spark a resurgence in the compact sportscar market. Well if rumors are to be believed, Honda might be joining in on the fun.

According to gtchannel.com, an unnamed Honda official has stated that the Japanese automaker is seriously considering a new, small, RWD sportscar. It would be the first of its kind since the amazing Honda S2000 drove off into the sunset after the 2009 model year.

But the new roadster would be smaller and run a smaller engine. Potential powerplants could be a 1.3-liter, or the 1.4-liter from the Honda Fit, which makes 132 horsepower. But with a potential curb weight of only 2000 pounds, and equipped with a 5-speed manual, it would be an ideal runabout– even smaller than the Mazda Miata!

According to the report, the design is supposed to take cues from the N-ONE hatchback. An artist has conceptualized those cues, grafted to a roadster body style in the above photo. We’ll know for sure what this vehicle looks like when it takes true shape some time in 2015 or 2016.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Grambles posted yesterday in OT, but good god, that pic is horrific.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Grambles posted yesterday in OT, but good god, that pic is horrific.

dang i checked for old threads. it belongs in other cars section, so his fault.

that pic is KILLER. beautiful. looks like an old school roadster.

Merkle

Banned
dang i checked for old threads. it belongs in other cars section, so his fault.

that pic is KILLER. beautiful. looks like an old school roadster.

Agreed, between that and the Alfa designed MX5 concept it would be a hard decision to figure out which one to buy.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
It looks like a Pontiac Solstice had sex with a 2010 Mazda3? :iono:

I'd need to see more pics, but that one is bad, imho. The front is fucking goofy looking, and has nothing to do with the new Honda design language/similar grille being used on all cars.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
It looks like a Pontiac Solstice had sex with a 2010 Mazda3? :iono:

I'd need to see more pics, but that one is bad, imho. The front is fucking goofy looking, and has nothing to do with the new Honda design language/similar grille being used on all cars.

you're freaking me out. i thought you knew beauty. the curves are amazing. you have unusual taste.

now THIS one is lame..

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/honda-will-release-an-all-new-roadster-in-2014-ar135267.html

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh, the irony..... ;)

Merkle

Banned
All Hondas look goofy. That's why we love them so much, they're like an adorable puppy, smiling stupidly with one ear flopped over. Goofy, yes, lovable, even more so.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
If the 2000 had torque I might consider it. Can you imagine being able to drift an S2000 without stiff sways and a rapid turn-in? :laugh:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'm with Troy. the rest of you guys are gay.