GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Q3 Recall for Intake flap motors

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
New O3 Recall for Intake flap motors

On Feb 21st VW just announced the O3 recall. This recall involves checking the intake runner flap motor and performing basic settings on the motor. If BS performs OK, then there will be an update on the ECM.

If the BS test fails, you get the update and a new motor.

The TSB is 01-08-08.

Have fun!

Last edited:

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
It isn't giving me any vin ranges. So that means we should assume all 2.0T's from 06-08. Give your dealer the vin and they will tell you if you need the update.

If your engine software part number is 1K0907115B for GTI's, then your affected.

I won't bother to list the other modules because they are for passat or eos. If your software version is 10 20 or 30, you need it. If it's 40 and up, you're fine.

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
It's a mandatory vehicle update. They don't care what your cas has on it, this update MUST BE DONE BY LAW. Only way it won't be done is if you sign saying you don't want it. Mods are no object, the recall will be performed.

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
interesting my car goes in on wednesday....i bring it up. new engine means im back to 0 on the miles.

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
Not a new engine....new Intake runner control flap motor.

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
ah....w-e

tranceporter

F**K YOU CAM FOLLOWERS
Car(s)
'08 BMP GTI
just called my dealership and they haven't heard of this yet. the service manager was actually shocked to hear this. so if you have any more detail on this i'd like to hear it because as it looks right now, i'm keeping them informed on this.

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
Tell him to look on Service net. It's under required vehicle updates.

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
Not true. Many recalls go out to millions of owners, but the recall instructions tell us to look for key things such as software version or build dates on certain items. If your car gets a notice, it might not need the recall performed, just checked.

It takes a month or so before the notices will come out as the recall was given to the dealers on Feb 21.