GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GTD coming April/May

JoshMK7

Ready to race!
Build week was due for 28/03. Still haven't received the text to say it's gone into build yet.. Anyone else had this?

Sent from my rectangular life stealer

K20

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine turned up yesterday, love it :D
Got a obd11 coming to so can have a play.

My only issue so far is the Audio over Bluetooth never works. Shows what's playing but nothing actually comes through the speakers!

JoshMK7

Ready to race!
Mine turned up yesterday, love it :D
Got a obd11 coming to so can have a play.

My only issue so far is the Audio over Bluetooth never works. Shows what's playing but nothing actually comes through the speakers!

Looks lovely mate. Can't wait to get mine. Going to feel so much more refined that my Astra VXR at the minute!!

Did you order new? If you did how long did it take from build to delivery? I'm hoping 2/3 weeks for mine. The dealer said if the status hasn't changed by Monday she'd ring VW. Whether she does or not is a different story.

Where did you get the OBD11 from? Do you mind me asking how much it was? I was thinking about getting one alongside a CRDT Box once I have some more miles on the car.

I've seen a couple of the options people are playing with for the lights on lock/unlock and it looks kinda cool!!

evilfish5000

Passed Driver's Ed
Once it's built it all depends on when and what is going on the boat. In my case the day after it was built it was on the boat and a week later it was sitting at the dealer (never mind I couldn't collect till Feb).

I think 3 weeks is a bit long between 1-2 should be about right.

AntGTD

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine was at Emden for three weeks, it then took a further week to get to my dealer. The issue i believe is just volume, as the recent sales campaigns have been hugely popular and their logistics partners have a bit of a backlog to clear.

K20

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks lovely mate. Can't wait to get mine. Going to feel so much more refined that my Astra VXR at the minute!!

Did you order new? If you did how long did it take from build to delivery? I'm hoping 2/3 weeks for mine. The dealer said if the status hasn't changed by Monday she'd ring VW. Whether she does or not is a different story.

Where did you get the OBD11 from? Do you mind me asking how much it was? I was thinking about getting one alongside a CRDT Box once I have some more miles on the car.

I've seen a couple of the options people are playing with for the lights on lock/unlock and it looks kinda cool!!
I actually got a lease deal on it about 3 weeks ago. It was a stock car they happened to have, I was going to just go with black, but they only had metallic paint left. Glad I went for it in the end!

As for obd11, I just downloaded the Android app and bought the dongle through there. Couldn't find anywhere else selling it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

JoshMK7

Ready to race!
Cars finally gone into build. Haven't received the text so maybe it's because it's a weekend.

Says 4 weeks average for my model to reach the dealer from this point!! Surely not!!!

AntGTD

Passed Driver's Ed
Cars finally gone into build. Haven't received the text so maybe it's because it's a weekend.

Says 4 weeks average for my model to reach the dealer from this point!! Surely not!!!

Mine was just over 4 weeks. Don't be surprised if you get your 5a - In transit to the docks Monday.

BTW. Under no circumstances go RO-RO ship stalking on Marinetraffic.com as it will consume you!!

JoshMK7

Ready to race!
Mine was just over 4 weeks. Don't be surprised if you get your 5a - In transit to the docks Monday.

BTW. Under no circumstances go RO-RO ship stalking on Marinetraffic.com as it will consume you!!

Right. I'm hoping it's less as the car was due to go into build on the 28/03 but it didn't change until either yesterday or today. Someone mentioned earlier they had access to their car 1 week after it was built.. (I hope)

That's like telling a child not to eat in a room full of sweets.. I'm sure you did that on purpose!!!

JoshMK7

Ready to race!
So.. Cars been in build since Saturday.. Is the online tracker accurate or could my car actually be in transit???

Kevmoz

Passed Driver's Ed
It could be in transit. I took delivery of my first GTD and the configurator was saying it was at the port! Your dealer is the first port of call and if you let them know they will call when it arrives with them ready for you to take pictures ��

JoshMK7

Ready to race!
I'm just a little confused about it all now, when I log in to the VW tracker it says build week confirmed 28/03 however if i go to the "track my order" without logging in, it says build in progress. Dealer is just saying that there hasn't been a change and they'll contact VW Monday if it doesn't change..

I'm going to contact VW and see if they can shed any light on things.. Might seem as if I'm being impatient but I'm carless at the moment and it's killing me haha!!

JoshMK7

Ready to race!
I've just spoken with them and it's at stage 7 of 8 in build. So it's nearly built, supposedly it will be transported to port next week and then UK bound from there