GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GTD coming April/May

JoshMK7

Ready to race!
Hi guys,

New here :) I'm 21 and from Leeds..

I've just ordered (1 week ago) myself a GTD. Pure white, with parking pack, and Dynaudio. I was planning on the winter pack and bi-xenons but they come standard now. I've got myself a build week of 12, so it should arrive in April/May.

I haven't previously owned a VW however I used to work there in 2013 not long after the MK7 came out so I'm very familiar with them. My current car is an Astra VXR (07), absolutely love it but a pain when commuting to work (23mpg)

I'm hoping the GTD will deliver power and economy! I'll create a thread once I get the car!

Ciao

evilfish5000

Passed Driver's Ed
Picked mine up today with parking pack and high beam assist. I came from a 1.7 corsa there is no comparison between them I'm finding it strange at the moment not using the handbrake anymore.

JoshMK7

Ready to race!
Hi Evilfish5000

When I first worked for VW I had a MK5 Astra and I felt the same, most of the newer VW's had the electronic handbrake and it was very odd. It somehow doesn't feel safe or as if you've forgotten to put it on haha

richiekuk

Ready to race!
Picked mine up today with parking pack and high beam assist. I came from a 1.7 corsa there is no comparison between them I'm finding it strange at the moment not using the handbrake anymore.

I find the Ebrake / Hill Hold on the GTD excellent!

evilfish5000

Passed Driver's Ed
After around 100 miles of driving now Im now convinced of the e brake benefits is much less demanding to drive because of it.

Only thing Im lost on is the fuel gauge. When I came to fill it up on the monday there was 1/4 tank left but to fill the tank full from there it only took 29 litres. When I checked it today the gauge states Ive use over a 1/4 of a tank yet its only done around miles?

JoshMK7

Ready to race!
I find the Ebrake / Hill Hold on the GTD excellent!

They are great to be honest, bit daunting when I was going on test drives with customers who had no idea how to use them.. It's a bit of a learning curve but soon as you're used to it it's second nature.

JoshMK7

Ready to race!
Hi guys,

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take your cars to be delivered to the UK after being built? I have a build week of 12, which is W/C 16th March.

The only reason behind my query is that I've got a car to sell privately so I don't want much (if any) downtime if possible.

Cheers guys.

ismile

Ready to race!
Hi guys,

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take your cars to be delivered to the UK after being built? I have a build week of 12, which is W/C 16th March.

The only reason behind my query is that I've got a car to sell privately so I don't want much (if any) downtime if possible.

Cheers guys.

Mine was 3 weeks from 'left the factory' to 'arrived in the UK'. It was then about another week to get to the dealer. Hope that helps! Good luck with your wait, I'm just coming towards the end of mine and it's been a killer. :D

ChrisK

Ready to race!
After around 100 miles of driving now Im now convinced of the e brake benefits is much less demanding to drive because of it.

Only thing Im lost on is the fuel gauge. When I came to fill it up on the monday there was 1/4 tank left but to fill the tank full from there it only took 29 litres. When I checked it today the gauge states Ive use over a 1/4 of a tank yet its only done around miles?
I’ve been driving the EHB now for 15 months and still even to this day have my foot hovering over the brake pedal for the first half mile of any journey I do when stopping but this may be more to do with the DSG than EHB.:)

On the fuel gauge front, there is a thread about that here, never had that problem with mine and thought it was more to do with 7’s over the pond.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14744

JoshMK7

Ready to race!
Would anybody be able to confirm whether or not my car will have the road signal notifier as standard? It's a 2016 model and I understand there's been a few changes since they came out.

Otherwise am I best using a VCDS cable?

razvanrudy

Passed Driver's Ed
You can do it by VCDS only if the car have the camera on the inside mirror holder. I know some guys they have only lane assist from factory but they was able to do the trafic sign recognition as the both system are using that camera ( installed where the light and rain sensor are).

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Laura1

GTD

Hi guys,

New here :) I'm 21 and from Leeds..

I've just ordered (1 week ago) myself a GTD. Pure white, with parking pack, and Dynaudio. I was planning on the winter pack and bi-xenons but they come standard now. I've got myself a build week of 12, so it should arrive in April/May.

I haven't previously owned a VW however I used to work there in 2013 not long after the MK7 came out so I'm very familiar with them. My current car is an Astra VXR (07), absolutely love it but a pain when commuting to work (23mpg)

I'm hoping the GTD will deliver power and economy! I'll create a thread once I get the car!

Ciao

Hi Josh,
I bought the GTD, Carbon Metallic Grey, in November 2015. You wont be disappointed with its performance. Has great power so watch out for those speed cameras! Fuel consumption very good. Leave it in NORMAL Mode for the best economy.
I only have one compliant about this car and that is the paintwork. It appears to be a common fault which VW Milton Keynes want to ignore. Its chips very easily on the front of the bonnet and fender so stay away from Gritters and lorries!
Enjoy it when it arrives. You'll love the heated seats:D

JoshMK7

Ready to race!
Just got the text from Volkswagen regarding my order.. Build week confirmed, the dealer said week commencing 14/03, unfortunately it's been knocked back a couple of weeks until 28/03..

:(

bobbo85

Well I'm into my 4th day of GTD ownership and so far very impressed. There's a nice torque spread in the revs so not a huge amount of turbo lag. Very comfortable sports seats and she looks a treat after a snow foam and sealant. Took a mate out who has a 13plate Polo GTI and he now wants an upgrade. Only covered around 200 miles so far but will double that in the next 24 hours. Be interesting to see the economy on my run into Yorkshire tonight.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk