• yea!

Votes: 81 53.3%
  • nah!

Votes: 71 46.7%

• Total voters

EL_3grab

Beast from Middle East
For 50-100$

If the "- & +" engraved in the metal that would be cooler (Peel off problems after some time??)

For $250

Replace the existing paddle and maintain the illuminated - & + sign

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
I actually like the small stock levers myself.

These are fine if you want bigger paddles but way too expensive. $100 max imho.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
should have a poll on price... i say 75 dollars max....

uberdork71

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07gli, 70 911t,72mg
I like the concept, but a switch mod that requires tape and glue is worth about $25 to me. For $200 + it better blink or flash.

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
Those are nice, price is to high, esp. for something that double sided taped on. I think a full replacement or something that bolt's on would be much better. Tape usually give it's stick away after a year or so.. esp. with extreme contact on a road course or what not, last thing you want is it to break off when your coming around a s-turn or something. Glue- would damage the shift louver all together, making it impossible to go back to stock if one broke off, I think a bolt with clamp or something along those lines would be great... or just a full replacement, Im sure you can bolt the stockers off somehow and replace it with a alloy set-up, mb bumm off of other car manufactures ideas, like Lexus Is? or the new Evo's? .....magnesium paddles etc.

I think they developed a nice path for someone else to follow in designing a new shift louver. on our dsg's insufficient paddles.

Thanks! for sharing though.

That pretty much says it all for me too - safety is a big concern for me, not so much for myself but for my car...if i go to shift and the damm thing comes unstuck and im at redline, I dont wanna blow my engine because i missed a shift.

Honestly, if they were solid and 100% no chance of them failing I would pay 50 bucks, but since its double sided tape - 25 bucks is my max ( probably because i wouldnt ever use them anymore in spirited driving, i wouldnt trust it! )

Thats pretty much what i paid for the cnc'd #1113 that went into my seat handle inserts - to me this isnt any different, just a cosmetic mod.

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit

basically there is the bracket that is perfectly molded to the OEM paddle.

attach it either with double sided tape or glue it on.

the paddle then screws onto the bracket.

OK - I looked at this a little more closely - do you double side tape it to the back of the existing shifter paddle, THEN you use the stock screws to screw it in?? so its got tape and screws?

If that is correct, that should take care of alot of worry about it failing, but this would only mean i would pay a max of 50 bucks for the CNC's pieces.

Honestly the look of them isnt appealing to me, maybe thats why i would ultimately only pay 50 bucks - something just doesnt look right to me.

Doctor7474

Ready to race!
Nah looks like the "cup" portion there making is stuck to the paddle, the screws hold the new paddles onto the "cup". Or at least thats what I got from it all.

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
Nah looks like the "cup" portion there making is stuck to the paddle, the screws hold the new paddles onto the "cup". Or at least thats what I got from it all.

Hmmm, yea...looks lik you are right.

Im back to 25 bucks...sorry man

billybobbovine

wants to go fast
Car(s)
GTI
i would add a groove over the top, and on the bottom of the attacment bracket so it sorta "snaps" in place over the current paddle, might have to be forced a little, but not anyhting stressing, thne add a set screw in there too. also cheaper.