GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

new DSG issue?

TornadoGTI

Ready to race!
so ive heard the the flashing PRNDS lights of death on the DSG. i had something similar but wasn't the same as my research and could very well be a fail safe. i just couldn't find an an answer. so heres my story ...

i was driving in manual mode around 40 mph in 4th gear at about 2500 rpms or so. silly me i was cruising there for a while. forgot i was manual mode. suddenly the DSG flashes 123456, goes into neutral, and the depress brake pedal light comes on. i slow down, press the brake, and move the shift nob back into auto mode, and then everything else returns to normal. been driving it for a few days with no issues.

all the research ive looked at, majority of people say theres goes to limp mode in 3rd gear and a few have had hard clunking going into reveres. ive had none of these things. my guess (or hope) is that it was a fail safe for being in one gear for to long but cant find any info. if anyone has any answers that would be great. :thumbsup:

TornadoGTI

Ready to race!
not sure what you mean by that. and the link you provided had nothing on it so that didnt help. i just wanna make nothing serious is going on. to me it almost seems like it did that to remind me that i was driving in one gear for a while but i couldnt really find an answer. :iono:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I'm not 100% sure either but your guess is very logical to me, make complete sense.

As for the adaptaion, if you've never done one and are over 60K miles I would suggest it. Pretty much resets the trans and adjusts for clutch pad wear. The difference before and after for me was literally insane, the trans I thought was dying feels like new again at 156k miles.

Nitrorea

Ready to race!
so ive heard the the flashing PRNDS lights of death on the DSG. i had something similar but wasn't the same as my research and could very well be a fail safe. i just couldn't find an an answer. so heres my story ...

i was driving in manual mode around 40 mph in 4th gear at about 2500 rpms or so. silly me i was cruising there for a while. forgot i was manual mode. suddenly the DSG flashes 123456, goes into neutral, and the depress brake pedal light comes on. i slow down, press the brake, and move the shift nob back into auto mode, and then everything else returns to normal. been driving it for a few days with no issues.

all the research ive looked at, majority of people say theres goes to limp mode in 3rd gear and a few have had hard clunking going into reveres. ive had none of these things. my guess (or hope) is that it was a fail safe for being in one gear for to long but cant find any info. if anyone has any answers that would be great. :thumbsup:

I can't really provide any answers however I' not sure why there would be a fail safe for being in one particular gear for too long?

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion