GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Never done anything like this.

VOLKSWAGEN

like 95% of what I do.
Car(s)
VW Veyron GT Rotary
I'm installing my ipad in my car. I've never worked with fiberglass. But I'm taking my time and making sure I do it the best way I know how. Give me tips if you got them, in the mean time I guess we will see what it looks like when it's done.

robo010

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm installing my ipad in my car. I've never worked with fiberglass. But I'm taking my time and making sure I do it the best way I know how. Give me tips if you got them, in the mean time I guess we will see what it looks like when it's done.

hope this gives you some ideas,

Attachments

• 2010-07-06 09.23.49.jpg
    2010-07-06 09.23.49.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,871

VOLKSWAGEN

like 95% of what I do.
Car(s)
VW Veyron GT Rotary
So I finished up the basic mount. I still need to bondo it and make it perfect. I made a fiberglass mold of the iPad so it fits like a glove. I also cut a hole for the front facing camera, and the rear. I have plains for the rear camera ;) the dock connector is also built into the bottom of the mount so it docks when you slide it into place. The entire bezel has been cut to match up with the screen bezel. Also I will not cut a hole for the home button because the iPad you can just use touch gestures. I think it also looks cleaner without the home button.

xREVERENDx

I take it this is just a mount for the iPad instead of using it as a headunit?

navyslideby

Big Turbo Vroom
hmm seems a bit high to me... it might make visibility a bit limited... i am looking forward to the finished product though

VOLKSWAGEN

like 95% of what I do.
Car(s)
VW Veyron GT Rotary
id try to keep one or the other, not both. good luck though

I would like to get rid of the head unit but I need it to process my audio ( aux cable ) without it I need a separate audio processor and it cost way to much for my budget. If I'm wrong and there is another way please let me know. I wouldn't hesitate to rip that thing out of there lol.

If the head unit stays, I'll do my best to make it look good.