GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need some help finding an Emblem

Hey guys, quick question that has been driving me insane.

I need to buy a replacement front emblem for my gti, I don't need the entire assembly but if it comes with one I could care less, I just need the chrome badge. I've found a few places that sell them like ECS etc, but it is such a miscellaneous part that I feel like I am severely getting ripped off. Does anyone know the best/cheapest place to buy one of these? Ebay has given the best result with emblem and assembly for $46, but it is a very sketchy ebay company in Uzebekestan or something (half kidding)

langer

i fix teefs
Definitely interested in where to order one also. My mkv came with it painted black, and the paint is looking like poo at this point.

Definitely interested in where to order one also. My mkv came with it painted black, and the paint is looking like poo at this point.

Repainting is easy as can be look up some FAQs if you are planning on that. I'm just having so much trouble because I want the OEM chrome and I painted mine originally because it had some defects and due to an incident of my own stupidity it is 100% ruined now.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Dealer for the oem one. I ordered one from parts4euro and didnt fit the mkv grill. I would suck it up and buy a oem replacement or find one used here.

Dealer for the oem one. I ordered one from parts4euro and didnt fit the mkv grill. I would suck it up and buy a oem replacement or find one used here.

I ordered one from the dealer about a week ago with a discount through my buddy. After discount it was 55ish dollars and is only the front piece (not the entire assembly) That was fine with me, but when I went to pick it up it was a Mk4 emblem or something. Worst part is I watched the guy order on the computer and he type in the part number off of the diagram for the MK5 grille and we used the diagram from an 08 just to be sure. Him and I were both quite confused when it arrived and I told him I'd come back and try again if I couldn't find one for cheaper. Currently ECS is my best bet for the entire assembly for about $60, but that's still pushing it...

1stvwparts has it for $32. Just the emblem. Not sure what shipping will run though.

:thumbsup: I'll check it out when I get home thanks dude.

langer

i fix teefs
Repainting is easy as can be look up some FAQs if you are planning on that. I'm just having so much trouble because I want the OEM chrome and I painted mine originally because it had some defects and due to an incident of my own stupidity it is 100% ruined now.

I've considered that, but I also don't like the black look.

1stvwparts is looking to be my best bet currently, excellent people btw

After shipping think the total is about 38 so cheaper than dealer+discount,

lightningjack

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
09 GTI
1stvwparts is looking to be my best bet currently, excellent people btw

After shipping think the total is about 38 so cheaper than dealer+discount,

Haven't dealt with them in a while, but my previous experiences were all great. Hope it works out.