GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help about engine head cover

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Can you feel a ridge with your finger? Probably just a flaw in the casting. If its not leaking I wouldnt worry about it
Agreed. Ran out and took a quick photo of mine for you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I'd be concerned how far that goes, a new valve cover gasket is ~$15USD and I would think this is one of those problems that may get drastically more expensive if ignored.

wuzzi

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd be concerned how far that goes, a new valve cover gasket is ~$15USD and I would think this is one of those problems that may get drastically more expensive if ignored.

Hmm so do you think i should change that valve cover? Or just the gasket?
I have no idea

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI

The casting flaw would only go up to the deck where the gasket sits and then would have been milled down during production. If its not leaking, I would leave it alone and not worry about it

wuzzi

Passed Driver's Ed
The casting flaw would only go up to the deck where the gasket sits and then would have been milled down during production. If its not leaking, I would leave it alone and not worry about it

So it wouldnt affect anything like performance or something?(if its not leaking)