GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

N249 Boost Pressure Control Valve

fastwire

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I have this code P2261 and P0237, after searching a lot, found 2 differents views on the N249, ppl here says is the diverter valve, but I swapped it and same thing. Further search found that the N249 is the valve in the turbo, this one:

https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/06F906283F/ES2574871/

the boost pressure control valve. Anyone? help

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
It's sort of a chore replacing and you may want new clamps and hose for it...but not needed if you can resuscitate it(the clamp) after disconnecting the n249. I didn't need to but it would make it easier with new bits.

fastwire

Ready to race!

fastwire

Ready to race!
It's sort of a chore replacing and you may want new clamps and hose for it...but not needed if you can resuscitate it(the clamp) after disconnecting the n249. I didn't need to but it would make it easier with new bits.

yeah it looks like a PITA to swap.

BTW, right now it only shows the fault code P0237 for the MAP sensor.
The other fault P2261 dissapeared 3 days ago.

Anybody have experience in the past with P2261 ?

should I replace the N249 right-

fastwire

Ready to race!
Yes, that's the correct n75

In case you don't know, your map sensor is located on your throttle body pipe.

yeah thanks. I cleaned the MAP sensor, bust still throwing a MIL randomly, it cuts at full throttle with the engine warm.. When engine is cold it boost normally.

I ordered a new MAP and a new N249/N75/boost pressure solenoid or how is called.

funny thing is that the N249 fault hasnt come back. but will change it for peace of mind, even if its one of those PITA to do lol. I changed the t-belt and then the steering wheel lock assembly so nothing is a PITA to me anymore with this car haha :biggrin: