GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

my new ride!!

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V

it is a 2007 Hyosung GT250R with 10,000kms on the clock

the previous owner did all the mods to it that i was planning on doing my self which includes:

- top of the line Michelin pilot tyres
- up rated brake pads
- tinted front screen
- Howler slip on pipe
- aftermarket filters
- tank protector

i would of liked a Honda CBR 250RR or even a Kawak ZZR/ GPX but the being over 6'2 has its problems. the Hyo has a 650cc frame so i fit on it very comfortably. in fact i think it has a much nicer riding position than my mates 2005 Suzuki GSXR-1000. it sounds bigger than its size too. the V-twin with the aftermarket pipe sounds really deep and throaty. it seems pretty torquey too.

i know Hyosungs dont have the best name compared to the jap bikes but its one of the newest 250s out there. the ZZRs/ GPXs have been around since the late 80s.
i have done a lot of research on reliability issues and now they seem to be just as good as the jap competition.

im very happy so far!

tinto

bitch please
Car(s)
2009 Pirelli GTI
That is a killer underground lair.
I like the nail file on the wall :)

Bike looks good Mark!
Take care 2 wheel nooB. :)

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Very cool mate enjoy it! Grab a fender eliminator PLEEEEASE :biggrin:
Hyosung Fender Eliminator
If you don't want to buy an overpriced piece of SS then you can do it yourself cutting the stock one, pretty sure theres a How To on korider (Hyo owners forum).
Depending on how long you want to keep it, the next thing i was going to do to mine was braided lines and the pads, you've got the pads so one part down. Highly recommend some advanced rider training as well.
Oh and take that extra key off the keyring, you'll end up with scratches otherwise! Keep the rubber down!
(oh one more thing, if you want i can mail you a copy of the Riding Bible, Sports Riding Technique and a Twist of the Wrist II, can probably email Bible and Wrist but Sports is 57mg).

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
Very cool mate enjoy it! Grab a fender eliminator PLEEEEASE :biggrin:
Hyosung Fender Eliminator
If you don't want to buy an overpriced piece of SS then you can do it yourself cutting the stock one, pretty sure theres a How To on korider (Hyo owners forum).
Depending on how long you want to keep it, the next thing i was going to do to mine was braided lines and the pads, you've got the pads so one part down. Highly recommend some advanced rider training as well.
Oh and take that extra key off the keyring, you'll end up with scratches otherwise! Keep the rubber down!
(oh one more thing, if you want i can mail you a copy of the Riding Bible, Sports Riding Technique and a Twist of the Wrist II, can probably email Bible and Wrist but Sports is 57mg).

awesome thanks for the tips Mat! that would be greatly appreciated!

aren't fender eliminators illegal though? thats the only thing stopping me from getting one.

the only mod i plan to do is get the rear pillion grab handle powercoated gloss back to match the rest of the bike....

kinda shits me its this cheap silver that doesnt match the rest of the bike. should only cost $20-30 to get it done :thumbsup:

argue53

Go Kart Champion
That is sexy

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Looks nice Mark, a dude in my apartments has a red one with a pipe too, sounds fairly tough for a 2-fiddy!

Yeah take it easy man..

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
aren't fender eliminators illegal though? thats the only thing stopping me from getting one.

Well technically yes, but i reckon 9 out of 10 bike have one and it'll only be a cranky cop that will fine you for it, IMHO thats worth the risk vs the ugly black thing! I think they only really don't like the kits that shift the plate right back under the bike and have it angled up because its very hard to read then. You decide!

If you're not planning on carrying a pillion (i wouldn't recommend it until you have a lot more experience road riding) you can get a rear seat cowl that replaces the pad, i think there's a rear handle delete kit somewhere as well.

isaw

Banned
I lost my licence for the first time on a 500 vtwin, but man the sound of that thing was awesome :)

Will make the statement tho that one of my mates has a broken back and is still in hospital. another lost the use of his right arm, and yet another lost the use of his left arm, all due to Mbike accidents. they are great fun but go a little easier, and stay a little longer :thumbup:

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
Two very important questions Mark. Is it in the dungeon so the oldies don't know you've got it? Does the tacho do the Defi dance? :biggrin:

Paul_OH

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GT TSI
Looks sharp Mark, it'll look awesome parked next to the Daewoo and with a helmet like that don't forget register to become the Stig's Korean cousin :bellyroll:

Stay safe and stay upright :thumbsup:

Androo

lolwut... ??
nice bike Mark.

Rims and slam it.