GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Awesome XBOX 360!!!

davesee

FIA GT Champion
i would sure hope that they have all the kinks worked out.. but if you have an option to get an extended warranty... ...GET IT!!!

Im screwed now, unless I am unable to fix it myself.

rental_metard

Ready to race!
my 360 is on at least 5 hours a day and no problems here. [mutters under breath]after the first xbox died microsoft warrenty came through and sent me another [/mutters]

Finnegan

The Drunken Irishman
I just got a Wii today, hehe it's fun.

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
that seriously sucks!!!! doesnt it?!! have you tried to call microsoft and somehow talk them into getting it repaired under warranty?

if my fix ends up working, ill let ya know can try it on yours.. :iono:

No ihavent called them yet..although Ive been reading on the net that they have been unofficially repairing 360's that were made in 05 even if they were out of warranty.

Yeah what exactly are you doing to yours? I read a little about it..and it seems fucking complicated.

Does yours sound like there something small...possibly metallic loose in it before you took it apart?

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
They sure don't build 'em like they used to...
My ColecoVision still works FFS! :thumbsup:

danno

Ready to race!
i've replaced my 360 2 times so far. i bought it at launch and they've extened the warrenty till march 07, so once i'm passed that my fingers will be crossed at all times.

davesee

FIA GT Champion
No ihavent called them yet..although Ive been reading on the net that they have been unofficially repairing 360's that were made in 05 even if they were out of warranty.

Yeah what exactly are you doing to yours? I read a little about it..and it seems fucking complicated.

Does yours sound like there something small...possibly metallic loose in it before you took it apart?

Update!! I've fixed my xbox360! For how long, who knows.. but so far an hour of pgr3 and no problems.

To answer your question Fuzz, yes it did sound like something is loose inside before i took it apart. and during and after. i think there is some kind of sensor that senses which position you currently have the xbox in..?

there were no loose components inside.

the fix was relatively easy if you have any electronics / background skills.

the hardest part is taking it apart and putting it back together.

you need a heat gun with multiple settings (400 F - 1050 F), rubbing alcohol, silver heat sink compound and some patience.

If I had all the parts available when I started the project it would have taken me approx 1 hour to fix.

Last edited:

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
Update!! I've fixed my xbox360! For how long, who knows.. but so far an hour of pgr3 and no problems.

To answer your question Fuzz, yes it did sound like something is loose inside before i took it apart. and during and after. i think there is some kind of sensor that senses which position you currently have the xbox in..?

there were no loose components inside.

the fix was relatively easy if you have any electronics / background skills.

the hardest part is taking it apart and putting it back together.

you need a heat gun with multiple settings (400 F - 1050 F), rubbing alcohol, silver heat sink compound and some patience.

If I had all the parts available when I started the project it would have taken me approx 1 hour to fix.

So what exactly did you have to do Dave?

davesee

FIA GT Champion
follow these vids (tutorial)

youtube part 1
youtube part 2

This tutorial assumes that you have already taken the xbox apart and removed the mainboard.

Really detailed instructions for that here

EDIT: Oh yeah, good luck!! this is not guaranteed to be a permanent fix, and I've heard that it didn't work at all on some.

But mine is still going strong .....so far

Last edited:

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
Ok, so I held off as long as I could before buying a 360. I've always planned on it, but the time has just about come. My question is this: Do you think that since they have been out for a while all these dilemmas have been taken care of? I'd like to think that they've taken care of these problems by now. I've been getting by so far by playing my friends. Has two of them in his "game room" that are both online and have their own designated 32" tv's.

cool, but whats the point of two 360's on 2 tv's right next to each other?

he should set one up with ps3