GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Awesome XBOX 360!!!

davesee

FIA GT Champion
Going to attempt the BGA Reflow with a heat gun myself since microsft won't repair it unless I shell out $140 and I don't happen to have a rework station laying around anywhere.

It just died one month to the day after the one year warranty expired. :thumbdown:

Attachments

• myxbox360.jpg
    myxbox360.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 448

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
Going to attempt the BGA Reflow with a heat gun myself since microsft won't repair it unless I shell out $140 and I don't happen to have a rework station laying around anywhere.

It just died one month to the day after the one year warranty expired. :thumbdown:

That sucks. What exactly is the problem?

davesee

FIA GT Champion
its a Microsoft, thats the first problem!

thats my first thought... but apparently there are issues regarding the solder used in the ball grid array(s) for both the cpu and gpu. This causes possible broken contacts which causes the awesome "red ring of doom" rendering the 360 a paperweight. This issue is one of the many causes of the ring of doom.

microsoft blows

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
that and the popular 360 over heat. but sorry about that, go with the PS3 cant go wrong. they actually properly test the equipment before letting it be sold. lol.

Finnegan

The Drunken Irishman
go with the PS3 cant go wrong. they actually properly test the equipment before letting it be sold. lol.

How is the PS3 any better? There were massive problems with the PS3 on launch. Most of my friends who stood in line to buy one have gotten rid of them because they wouldn't work properly. I don't like the 360 any better than the PS3 but both consoles have some bad problems.

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
Dave! you fucking jinxed me! I tried to fire up the 360 today.... 3 red on the ring of doom... FUCK! And its exactly one month out of warranty as well.

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
i have two friends with the PS3 and not one problem from them, as far as the 360 all my friends have had to send theirs in because of over heating..... i didnt know about the PS3 crap that sucks...

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
havent had a problem with my 360. i dont play it often either though.

main reason i got it was to get ready for forza 2. something ps3 wont have.

davesee

FIA GT Champion
Dave! you fucking jinxed me! I tried to fire up the 360 today.... 3 red on the ring of doom... FUCK! And its exactly one month out of warranty as well.

that seriously sucks!!!! doesnt it?!! have you tried to call microsoft and somehow talk them into getting it repaired under warranty?

if my fix ends up working, ill let ya know can try it on yours.. :iono:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Ok, so I held off as long as I could before buying a 360. I've always planned on it, but the time has just about come. My question is this: Do you think that since they have been out for a while all these dilemmas have been taken care of? I'd like to think that they've taken care of these problems by now. I've been getting by so far by playing my friends. Has two of them in his "game room" that are both online and have their own designated 32" tv's.