GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

More new rattles and buzzes

jmejiaa

Go Kart Champion
16k miles on my 09 and I only get a weird noise on rough highway surfaces. Funny I had the same exact noise on my old bmw...

i still blame the roads and I think any car one would get will eventually end up this way. I don't see how any car will NOT start getting loose parts and stuff throughout the years.

I bet if we go into other car forums(I know the BMW forums does) we will see the same type of posts. I just learned to deal with it and drive with my music loud.

Oh... And wtf is up with these 06-07 car's with 5-8k miles. How are you hearing rattles without driving your damn car?

Last edited:

Jahan

Passed Driver's Ed
ALL rattles can be fixed. Finding them can be difficult though, and the way that dealers are paid on warranty work makes it so that it's not worth their time to properly diagnose and fix a tough rattle.

Do a search on here, Vortex, and Google. Most of these rattles have been found, and most of them have DIY fixes.

CW MKV GTI

FukenMoven!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I get one really annoying rattle when I go over any sort of bumpy roads. Like shitty patched up roads. I can't tell where it's coming from exactly, I just know it's on the drivers side. If you know what a window that's lose in it's track sounds like, that is exactly what my rattle sounds like and it is LOUD. I can't figure it out for the life of me. I don't think it's the fuel lines, because the rattle only happens when I hit bumpy roads. It's not anything on the dash that I can see, and believe me I've tried touching pretty much everything there is to touch on the dash trying to see if I could find the rattle. Nothing.

Sounds like it's in the door, towards the front of the car. At first I truly thought it was a window rattle, but it feels tight and secure. Sometimes it sounds like it's coming from outside the car and then sometimes it sounds like it's coming from inside. I'm truly stumped. I'm going to the dealer in a couple days and taking the service manager on a ride over some bumps. You cannot miss the rattle. It's that loud. Even with the radio up at moderate volumes, you can hear it. Really annoying.

leothegreek

...problems on mine all sorted: The rattles for the most part came from the rear center seat (the main clasp and the arm rest bolts mechanism), plus he found the hatch lock was loose so fixed that up too. Vibration free for now :)