GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

More new rattles and buzzes

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Apparently, a stiff suspension and no resonator make these cars go nuts. I just found the buzzing noise from my center console. The shifter bezel goes nuts!! I think there is another buzz coming from the passenger door (TSB?). The driver seat is driving me crazy. Getting in and out it sounds like an old Ford Maverick!! I've even repositioned the seat up and down. This stuff drives me crazy and I don't know how to deal with it. I've traded cars in the past because the dealer either couldn't find the source or said they all do it. Granted, I get to tell people that as well, it sucks when you get told that. Sometimes I like to just ride in peace and quiet after listening to customers, techs, and managers gripe and moan all day........ SOS!

tmrakip

Dog is my co-pilot
This makes me very afraid, I've just developed the top vent buzz in the dash...

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
I'm pretty much rattle-free during normal driving *knock on wood* but I have that annoying 4000+ rpm buzzing from the engine bay noise pipe. The dealer won't touch it until a TSB is released. And I'm afraid to mess with it and make it worse :redface:

Anyone else?

sledgod

Autocross Newbie
Apparently, a stiff suspension and no resonator make these cars go nuts. I just found the buzzing noise from my center console. The shifter bezel goes nuts!! I think there is another buzz coming from the passenger door (TSB?). The driver seat is driving me crazy. Getting in and out it sounds like an old Ford Maverick!! I've even repositioned the seat up and down. This stuff drives me crazy and I don't know how to deal with it. I've traded cars in the past because the dealer either couldn't find the source or said they all do it. Granted, I get to tell people that as well, it sucks when you get told that. Sometimes I like to just ride in peace and quiet after listening to customers, techs, and managers gripe and moan all day........ SOS!

Mine too....sounds like a bunch of mice having a party

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I know people said I should have known before I bought it in May, but wow, I would never had thought a car this "nice" could be this noisy. I as an advisor really don't like bringing my own car in for rattles as I know warranty doesn't pay jack for them to fix it and the business as a whole doesn't seem to care about NVH. Trust me, I'm not the only one who will trade a car due to noises, I just am tired of losing big money trading although this car was appraised at the least amount of loss I've ever seen for a new car at Carmax.

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
That sux man. Such a shame when niggling issues like this ruin the appeal of an otherwise fantastic car. :mad:
I've only got 700kms on mine and am dreading the possibility of these annoyances creeping in! :frown:

sola|2a

vdubinmatownhaus
That sux man. Such a shame when niggling issues like this ruin the appeal of an otherwise fantastic car. :mad:
I've only got 700kms on mine and am dreading the possibility of these annoyances creeping in! :frown:

x2

i am dreading as well and i don't even have my car yet! but from reading the forums it seems Oz-delivered cars are less likely to suffer from rattling... i guess time will tell

Low J.

Car(s)
'07 GTI

That's gonna happen to any car with those mods.........

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
all i have is an H&R race set up - and now @ 9k miles, the car is making a tapping noise at idle. i tap the gas, noise goes away. what gives?

i haven't had a chance to investigate yet, but anyone else have this noise?

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
all i have is an H&R race set up - and now @ 9k miles, the car is making a tapping noise at idle. i tap the gas, noise goes away. what gives?

i haven't had a chance to investigate yet, but anyone else have this noise?

It's the fuel line. It's an easy fix (for the dealer). VW has a TSB out for it.

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I'm at like 8500 and I've got tons of noises, doh. Doesn't help that roads around here are pure shit.

1- Center vent rattle. It's worse when it's cold... so I turn the heat on and have it vent only through there. I also automatically pat down the corners before taking off. Once it warms up, the noise disappears.

2- Door panels rattle with audio bass. I don't even crank up my bass at all, nor do I listen to really bassy music. Also seems to go away after a while, either that or I get used to it.

3- Sunroof shade thing squeaks when slid open, I have to leave it closed.

4- Sunroof rattles over bumps when open in tilt mode. That's constant and doesn't change no matter what I do.

5- Rear passenger seat rattle. Tried driving with the seats down and it doesn't change anything, so I try to ignore it.

6- Center dash rattle. Not the vent, but the dash itself, near where the CD's are loaded. I press against the part directly underneath the loader and it stops, but I have to press hard. I haven't figured out a way to fix this and it's literally the most annoying thing I've ever heard in a car.

My doors also occasionally rattle by themselves with no music on. On the driver side it comes from where the aluminum trim is towards the rear. Might be coming from the same place on the passenger side, but I'm not sure.

Sunglass holder rattles over certain bumps. It's the little locking clip.

Weeeeeee!

BMWDavid

Drag Racing Champion
Knock on wood here. My '06 GTI at 11,500 miles is totally rattle and buzz free. In the past it was the German cars that set the reputation for being tight and rattle free. I'm afraid that it looks like that is not the case any more.

David