GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

More bad news

joshuamaze

Ready to race!
Car(s)
gti 08 / rabbit 08
I was driving to work today and i was going about 30 when i put my foot on the gas to hear a swoosh.. i turned down the music and stopped then took off again as soon as i hit 11 PSI there is a really load swooshing sound. my car typically peeks at 21 and holds 20PSI (GIAC and DP) car sounds fine and runs fine untill you hit exactly 10 or 11 PSI. witch is weird if its a boost leek. is this most likely a DV.

i have had GAIC for less then a week and the car is about 4 months old. and i was not getting on the gas that heard when it happened. the problem happens when i push on the gas in any gear as soon as i hit 11 PSI and i loss all power.

HELP GUYS .

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
Yep, most likely DV failure.
Especially with the OEM DV, if you were running anything but a G revision (and perhaps even then), it seems to only be a matter of time with mods.

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
I noticed you're from Victorville and I know it gets really hot there... I've also heard that heat is one of the main reasons why the DV's fail... it weakens the rubber or something... I've heard when people relocate the DV away from the turbo, it becomes a MUCH more reliable piece since it's much cooler away from the turbo.

Was it pretty hot when it busted?

joshuamaze

Ready to race!
Car(s)
gti 08 / rabbit 08
I noticed you're from Victorville and I know it gets really hot there... I've also heard that heat is one of the main reasons why the DV's fail... it weakens the rubber or something... I've heard when people relocate the DV away from the turbo, it becomes a MUCH more reliable piece since it's much cooler away from the turbo.

Was it pretty hot when it busted?

it was worm about 98 or so and its dry as satins balls out here close to 0% humidity.

joshuamaze

Ready to race!
Car(s)
gti 08 / rabbit 08
OK found the problem.
i pulled off my engine cover and found that my PCV was half off pluged it in and was good to go. so now we know

SpoonGTi

NOM NOM NOM...
Car(s)
what else...
hey josh, you going to the meet today.. and oh yeah since your chipped you should consider to get a aftermarket dv or another oem dv on hand since that sucker can tear any second plus that OEM pcv pipe is like a ticking time bomb.. so im just letting you know... I'll be there today with my vag com as usual if you need a scan.