GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVI exhaust on a MKV

Rtbrunelle

Ready to race!
MKVI exhaust***** on a MKV

To start off I have a 09 Mkv with the tsi engine. The question is will a Godspeed mkvi exhaust fit on a Mkv if I get a dual slot rear diffuser? Thanks for any info.

(Just posted this in the general discussion but I was on my phone and couldn't find the link to here.)

Last edited:

VWTiger

I am the Stig
MK6 stock diffusers have their exhaust slots at a wider point than the dual slot MKV ones.

With the right body parts it is possible though, let me find the pic real quick.

Last edited:

VWTiger

I am the Stig
OEM R32 Rear Lower Valance - 1K6807433EGRU ($291)
MK6 Rear Diffuser - 5K6807521H9B9 ($110)
MK6 Tow Hook Cover - 5K6807441C9B9 ($10.13)
Bumper Reflector x 2 (Left and Right Side) - 1K6945106A(R) and 1K6945105A(L) (2 x $25.42)
Bumper Foam Insert - 1K6807251A ($44.63)
Mounting Bracket x 2 - 1K6807739(L) and 1K6807740 (R) (2 x $7.43)

you can thank Grambles

Rtbrunelle

Ready to race!
Awesome thanks man. But bleh, much more work than I thought it would be for it. I was hoping they'd be the same width and be about 1-150$ for the part.

plac

GTI Master
what about the opposite.. a MK5 GTI single sided catback onto a MK6 GTI. i dont think you need all those small parts. just a MK5 catback and a new single diffuser.

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
what about the opposite.. a MK5 GTI single sided catback onto a MK6 GTI. i dont think you need all those small parts. just a MK5 catback and a new single diffuser.
I think it would depend on the year, but I could be mistaken....

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
The mk6 diffuser snaps into the mk5 .:R bumper? What mods need made to it, or does it just work?

plac

GTI Master
damnm that looks good. i agree, the MK5 duals are in a better position than the MK6 duals.. MK6 are too wide.

you can also go with the Caractere euro Rear Bumper for MKV looks a lot cleaner than MK6.

Puiwing

Is it necessary to trim the diffuser or lower valance to install them together? Since the mounting clips of the MK6 diffuser is different from the R32 diffuser. Thanks a lot.