GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV vs. G37s

GTIzzle07

NY Dubz
Car(s)
2007 GTI
OKay so my friend just got a 08 G37s in auto w/ paddles and we finally were able to do some runs last night around 2am, on the hutch pkwy by mobil (aka Dutch on the Hutch ;) )...
Im stage 2 my mods are in my sig......so we did 4 runs... the first 3 runs we did from a 30 and i was about a length in front of him till about 85-90 when he began to pull on me, and ended up being about a car and a half ahead by 120 when we shut down. the 4th run was from a 20, i immediately pulled about a car and a half on him and were about dead even by 100 then had to shut down because of a car in his lane... my thoughts are that it kept up pretty well to a 330hp 270tq rwd car with my current mods.

i <3 turbo

edit: i think kids that say that a stage 2 can walk a g37 are just talkin shit, however with a hpfp,fmic, and meth i think i would then walk him.

Last edited:

GTIzzle07

NY Dubz
Car(s)
2007 GTI
^it is accually very fast, he can chirp tires from 1st to second

Mr.J

Ready to race!
very nice runs. A buddy of mine has one and he wants to run me as well.

that1guy

Banned
Car(s)
2007 G35 Coupe
Coupe or sedan? I've never cared for the sedan versions of any G car, but the coupes of both generations are sexy. I'm partial to the G35 though since I own one, but the G37 is starting to grow on me.

GTIzzle07

NY Dubz
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Coupe or sedan? I've never cared for the sedan versions of any G car, but the coupes of both generations are sexy. I'm partial to the G35 though since I own one, but the G37 is starting to grow on me.

coupe, with sports package those 19s are sexyy

that1guy

Banned
Car(s)
2007 G35 Coupe
coupe, with sports package those 19s are sexyy

Yeah, its a pretty nice car for the money. I went and looked at the new Camaro on Saturday, and if I was to spend 35+ K for a nice tourer, I'd get the Camaro. Its comfortable, fast, handles well, well appointed...I mean it doesn't have the Infinity badge (not that it means much since its a re badged Nissan and in my opinion, other than their customer service rocking, doesn't offer much in terms of refinement or ground braking technology), its a pretty bad ass car.

Turbostream

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, its a pretty nice car for the money. I went and looked at the new Camaro on Saturday, and if I was to spend 35+ K for a nice tourer, I'd get the Camaro. Its comfortable, fast, handles well, well appointed...I mean it doesn't have the Infinity badge (not that it means much since its a re badged Nissan and in my opinion, other than their customer service rocking, doesn't offer much in terms of refinement or ground braking technology), its a pretty bad ass car.

fuck the camaro get a used C6 Corvette and call it a day:thumbsup:

btw my bro ordered the SS and he hasnt gotten it yet lol

MasterGunnZ

The sex
Car(s)
GTI
OKay so my friend just got a 08 G37s in auto w/ paddles and we finally were able to do some runs last night around 2am, on the hutch pkwy by mobil (aka Dutch on the Hutch ;) )...
Im stage 2 my mods are in my sig......so we did 4 runs... the first 3 runs we did from a 30 and i was about a length in front of him till about 85-90 when he began to pull on me, and ended up being about a car and a half ahead by 120 when we shut down. the 4th run was from a 20, i immediately pulled about a car and a half on him and were about dead even by 100 then had to shut down because of a car in his lane... my thoughts are that it kept up pretty well to a 330hp 270tq rwd car with my current mods.

i <3 turbo

edit: i think kids that say that a stage 2 can walk a g37 are just talkin shit, however with a hpfp,fmic, and meth i think i would then walk him

I'm not talking shit. Everyone's car is different. I ran a G37 from a dig with Stage 1 +, intake, and dv and pulled by a whole car length.
What octane do you run ? I know some states that do not have 93oct.

implosive_disgorgence

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si
a stg 2 mkv should be able to stick close too a new g37.

i caught one on the highway about 2 weeks ago, and did an 80-125 roll and had him by about 1 1/2 cars, maybe a tad more. those g37s have power, but they are pretty heavy

MasterGunnZ

The sex
Car(s)
GTI
a stg 2 mkv should be able to stick close too a new g37.

i caught one on the highway about 2 weeks ago, and did an 80-125 roll and had him by about 1 1/2 cars, maybe a tad more. those g37s have power, but they are pretty heavy
Nice kill. it would of been a better kill if you had done a 40 roll.

GTIzzle07

NY Dubz
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I'm not talking shit. Everyone's car is different. I ran a G37 from a dig with Stage 1 +, intake, and dv and pulled by a whole car length.
What octane do you run ? I know some states that do not have 93oct.

i dynoed and had my car broken-in on a dyno, and dynoed at 214 stock, i haven't re dyno'd since i went stage2 but i havnt had any engine problems, i just replaced my cam follower (38k miles) and it didnt need to be replaced, there was alomost no wear at all. i know everyones car is different but ive babyed this car from day 1 and broke it in the right way.... i use shell 93 and 94 if i can find it; last summer was the last time i saw 94 :(

a stage 1 car cannot beet a 330hp g37, but because we have turbo we get the jump (our low end kills the g37's). Up to what speed did u race one till? its like an sti, they will destroy a lambo off the line but up in the 90+ speeds because of gearing and awd they can be had..

implosive_disgorgence

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si
Nice kill. it would of been a better kill if you had done a 40 roll.

the blower freaking loves a 40 roll.

i recently ran a MKIV from a 70, and then a 40. i dont know exactly what he had though, he was running a pretty big intercooler, so im guessing stg 2 or up.

but anyways, the 70 roll i pulled probably 2-3 cars from 70-90something, but the 40 was just ridiculous. instant boost ftw :headbang:

that1guy

Banned
Car(s)
2007 G35 Coupe
a stage 1 car cannot beet a 330hp g37, but because we have turbo we get the jump (our low end kills the g37's). Up to what speed did u race one till? its like an sti, they will destroy a lambo off the line but up in the 90+ speeds because of gearing and awd they can be had..

I'll say this about this ludicrous post....How does a 500hp AWD car lose to a 300hp AWD? It doesn't. And your "low end" doesn't kill anything. Why do Hondas with 140wtq still run 13 second 1/4 miles, and you do the same thing with a 300wtq in a stage 2 GTI? If you have so much better "low end" explain that to me?

I swear to god this forum gives me a headache sometimes...