GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mkv straight pipe

JGarn86

Car(s)
mk5 Gti
Hey everyone new to the gti scene, I'm buying this straight pipe this week anyone have videos on how this will sound? And advice or opinions will be appreciated thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 2,337

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
If this is your daily you will almost immediately regret it. Our cars straight piped are ridiculously loud, drone will be rough especially at highway speeds. I guess some like it but it will be rough. Take into account i'm a guy that loves ridiculously loud exhaust and I would never go full straight pipe.

Is it a full 3" turbo back?

Moondoggy-47

Ready to race!
I'm 3" straight piped, it's loud, real loud. Outside car it's stupid loud, shifts sound like gun shots. Have been pulled over while at 1/2 throttle. I plan on adding a resonator or muffler at some point.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
It has a built in resonator that's the only reason I'm buying it that should quiet it down a little right?

We'll then it not straight piped. You mentioned in your other identical post that it's just a cat back. In that case you will still have your OEM cat in your downpipe. It's going to be loud and for some unreasonably so. It will come down to personal preference.

As for how to attach it, depends on where it meets up. Your best bet is to go to a exhaust shop and have them fabricate it up. Also big factor is material, the OEM downpipe is stainless, is your catback stainless? That will make a difference when welding if necessary, different materials required to weld different metals.

ukrbeast

Illest
Car(s)
2009 V-Dub GTI
I'm all for going straight piped, just understand it's going to be loud, and you'll have to wear hearing protection on long drives, just from the constant drone.

nikolay

It can be loud. I have a full 3" straight pipe turbo back and it's loud at acceleration and highway speeds. Once you go past 75mph there's a lot of drone in the car between 75-85mph.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Looks like you at least have a couple resonators in there still, so you're not 'straight piped' so to speak. However, it will still be excessively loud and probably 'too loud.' Hopefully you aren't catless downpipe or it will be much too loud. May be tolerable if you can stand some noise, but depends on the person. Have you had loud stereos or exhausts in the past? Enough to cause hearing loss? If not, probably too loud.