GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mkv bpy vs corolla sr5

Car(s)
Subaru
ae86 vs gti in drifting, ae86 is better; ae86 vs gti on a strip or track, gti is way better. it depends on the type of things you want to do and an ae86 is a great entry level drift car if you have the skills. regardless though, this thread is pointless cause its 2 totally different styles of cars that meet different peoples fancy. im with the other people though that this should be more of a racing thread and not a comparing thread

berndonfat

Ready to race!
ae86 vs gti in drifting, ae86 is better; ae86 vs gti on a strip or track, gti is way better. it depends on the type of things you want to do and an ae86 is a great entry level drift car if you have the skills. regardless though, this thread is pointless cause its 2 totally different styles of cars that meet different peoples fancy. im with the other people though that this should be more of a racing thread and not a comparing thread

the ae86 is a horrible entry level drift car. its too expensive to buy in decent shape and getting a gts isnt that easy. besides that mods are crazy expensive for a car built from 84-87. good luck parts hunting every weekend to find stuff that has been discontinued for years. I have had 2 of them so far and i should have learned the first time and just got a 240sx.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
@ red5spade,

ae86 might suck by today's standards, but it is still desirable in the same way a mint '82 Rabbit sucks ass but would still be fun to drive, except the ae86 can at least get the tail out, which makes it 100x more fun than an equivalently low powered fwd car.

Of course a MKV would beat any ae86 in a drag race other than one that was turbo'd or extensively modified internally, because a GTI is like a racecar blessed with the finest interior, like, ever.

Boozehound

TrailerParkSupervisor
Car(s)
2007 GTI MkV CW
lol

Car(s)
Subaru
the ae86 is a horrible entry level drift car. its too expensive to buy in decent shape and getting a gts isnt that easy. besides that mods are crazy expensive for a car built from 84-87. good luck parts hunting every weekend to find stuff that has been discontinued for years. I have had 2 of them so far and i should have learned the first time and just got a 240sx.

its still an entry level drift car. unless youre spending over 50k for a drift car and need sponsors to fund your drifting, its still entry level. yes a 240 is cheaper, but so is a mustang with a different rear end. keep in mind that a mustang won the drifting competition last weekend and not a gtr, wrx, 240, etc. im not showing love to mustangs, just saying a mustang can drift.

ae86 is only good at one thing, drifting. i cant remember the drivers name but one guy showed up in one to drift against high powered sponsored cars and won against them. after that more and more people started using them and then eventually became the star of the cartoon show initial d. the car is a great car, just after 25yrs, its passed its time but left a name for itself as a great car. toyota is bringing it back because its history, but sadly its rear end isnt good and a weak engine will make this car weak still. maybe a sti version from subaru will be what people are looking for, but the normal version isnt going to be anything special

berndonfat

Ready to race!
its still an entry level drift car. unless youre spending over 50k for a drift car and need sponsors to fund your drifting, its still entry level. yes a 240 is cheaper, but so is a mustang with a different rear end. keep in mind that a mustang won the drifting competition last weekend and not a gtr, wrx, 240, etc. im not showing love to mustangs, just saying a mustang can drift.

ae86 is only good at one thing, drifting. i cant remember the drivers name but one guy showed up in one to drift against high powered sponsored cars and won against them. after that more and more people started using them and then eventually became the star of the cartoon show initial d. the car is a great car, just after 25yrs, its passed its time but left a name for itself as a great car. toyota is bringing it back because its history, but sadly its rear end isnt good and a weak engine will make this car weak still. maybe a sti version from subaru will be what people are looking for, but the normal version isnt going to be anything special

lol what are you talking about man? tsuchiya didnt just show up to a drift event and make a name for him self. he was a JTCC race car driver.

Car(s)
Subaru
wait... so .... even if i put lunch trays under my back wheels I'd get more chicks with an ae86?
did you really just use an fwd car in a "drift" comparison?

we use to do that in highschool lol. i never was able to do it cause i had a mustang :cry:, but my friends civics and integras did it and it looked fun.

but that was the point in comparing a fwd and rwd... theyre 2 different types of cars and really shouldnt be compared.

Car(s)
Subaru
lol what are you talking about man? tsuchiya didnt just show up to a drift event and make a name for him self. he was a JTCC race car driver.

the point is he showed up and drifted against high powered cars. i didnt mean he fell from heaven in a car that had unicorn power

berndonfat

Ready to race!
the point is he showed up and drifted against high powered cars. i didnt mean he fell from heaven in a car that had unicorn power

your statements are still false he didnt show up to a drift event. he did it as showboating with other similar spec cars when he was in the lead to make the fans happy. and he also did it for fun street racing on mountain roads. he has never placed in a top level drift event. he popularized drifting and that is why he is called the drift king not because he is a drifting champion god.

Car(s)
Subaru
your statements are still false he didnt show up to a drift event. he did it as showboating with other similar spec cars when he was in the lead to make the fans happy. and he also did it for fun street racing on mountain roads. he has never placed in a top level drift event. he popularized drifting and that is why he is called the drift king not because he is a drifting champion god.

idk, i dont follow drifting.