GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
What makes you say that the glove box isn’t cooled or lined? When did you feel the key??

Glove box at 5min 18sec to 5min 27sec in video at link below. Certainly looks (and sounds, when the presenter taps the inside of the opening) as if it’s not lined. It’s possible that whether it’s lined or not may differ from market to market. Presenter also mentions no a/c (in the glovebox), although it could be the cooling outlet is out of view on the L/H side of the glovebox, which isn’t visible in the video.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
Glove box at 5min 18sec to 5min 27sec in video at link below. Certainly looks (and sounds, when the presenter taps the inside of the opening) as if it’s not lined. It’s possible that whether it’s lined or not may differ from market to market. Presenter also mentions no a/c (in the glovebox), although it could be the cooling outlet is out of view on the L/H side of the glovebox, which isn’t visible in the video.

Overall impression: The interior looks cheap.

I don't know if the glove box on my 7.5 is cooled or not, but if you want cooled compartments, it's easy to bring a thermoelectric cooler into the equation. Used to be it was sourcing parts; now it's just pulling apart a cheapo cooler from Amazon.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Who really needs a cooled glovebox anyway? Lol. What do you cool in there, your owners manual?

Thanks for posting the video srgtd. I personally like the dashboard overall, but the doorcards are pretty lame looking compared to previous models. I think the dash will look nice especially if the GTI wheel is updated a bit. The seat 'leg extensions' are cool to see in the style package.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
Who really needs a cooled glovebox anyway? Lol. What do you cool in there, your owners manual?

Thanks for posting the video srgtd. I personally like the dashboard overall, but the doorcards are pretty lame looking compared to previous models. I think the dash will look nice especially if the GTI wheel is updated a bit. The seat 'leg extensions' are cool to see in the style package.

Any place to store a snack or a drink and keep it cool is good in my book. It's good for certain medication, as well.

On a road trip, your drinks won't warm up. I've got an Engel 45 fridge/freezer, but it's not like I can reach it from the driver seat.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG

Yeah, glove box is definitely not flock lined in that video, he says it’s the life spec which is the next up from the base golf so maybe higher spec might have some sort of lining, I might be remembering incorrectly but I’m sure the current lowest spec golfs also don’t have a lined glove box, although a small thing, the lining missing would bring down the interior quality of higher spec cars in my opinion.

scasey

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I have a 2019 SE and the glove box is not lined nor does it have any type of cooling :(

I do have a CD player though for some reason and coin or sd card holders or something.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car

It’s to keep your monster and vape juice cold.

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
GTI/Golfs used to have a lockable, lined and cooled glovebox. VW cheapened out sometime after 2017 for North American models.