GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI SE MT6 DIY CLUTCH REBUILD GUIDE HS TUNING RSR CLUTCH

FrgMstr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 R 19 GTI 15 GTI
Remove half-shaft/cv-axle, whatever you want to call it, bolts. T50 Torx. The guy in the video said to mark them, so I did, he said the way the half-moon clips are on there, they may be balanced from the factory, once again, better safe than sorry. Have someone sit inside and hold the brakes while you break the bolts loose. Make sure they DON'T STEP ON THE CLUTCH PEDAL.
What is the torque spec for reinstalling the Torx 50 fasteners on the half shafts? I have gotten some conflicting information. Thanks!

FrgMstr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 R 19 GTI 15 GTI
This is a rebuild guide for a 2015 VW GTI SE with a six speed manual transmission. Going from a factory clutch which started to fail at about 20,000 miles (story behind the fail here http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16995).

I used the video guide from YouTube (
) so just making sure he gets the deserved credit.

Going from factory clutch to HS Tuning RSR clutch kit (http://www.hstuning.com/product_info.php?products_id=3888).

It's important to note mine DOES NOT HAVE the performance package, so I didn't have to deal with the LSD. If yours has it, refer to the video above, he has it on his. Mine is completely STOCK except for a K&N.

Note: good practice is to always put all the clips, nuts, and bolts back where they belong so you don't end up with a pile of stuff that you don't know where it goes to.
Total cost of the replacement: Clutch $1000 (including a line up tool and the hardware kit, but I got a $75 military discount, no tax, free UPS shipping) and about $300 in tools, however those I get to keep, so I can't really count those against the fix. Beats the $3000 that the stealership quoted me. (for a factory clutch)

Let's begin.
Many thanks for your detailed breakdown of the process here. It helped me greatly and was on point the whole way through. My total cost was about $1400 for parts (Full OE DMF, PP, and Clutch) and tools needed. Not sure I would have attempted this without your guide here as it gave me a lot of confidence. All put back together, not a creak, squeek, rattle, or vibration. Better pedal feel than when I bought the car used.

SHCKR

Ready to race!
Many thanks for your detailed breakdown of the process here. It helped me greatly and was on point the whole way through. My total cost was about $1400 for parts (Full OE DMF, PP, and Clutch) and tools needed. Not sure I would have attempted this without your guide here as it gave me a lot of confidence. All put back together, not a creak, squeek, rattle, or vibration. Better pedal feel than when I bought the car used.
Anytime!