GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Nah. They’re like little cocoons before the leafs sprout.
Spider nests?

Edit: For confessions: My braided leather belt, suede jacket and fat ass did a number on my drivers seat kidney bolster this winter. Some re-upholstery will be required.
I've needed front brakes for the last 2 months.
I've never cleaned my engine bay.
Still rocking the OG brake fluid (2016 was a good vintage).

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Nah. They’re like little cocoons before the leafs sprout.

Bro you're going to come back to trees growing in your car.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
I had to remove my passenger side inner taillight to extract a spider (why they hell are they just open on the backside?), and I broke the outermost clip on the access panel piece. My solution was break the other side too so its symmetrical, and use a hot screwdriver to make it flat. They hold in just fine without the PITA clip.

Attachments

• 20220522_132211.jpg
    20220522_132211.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 64

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Be prepared for a anyone who comes over your house to not know how to turn on your kitchen faucet 🤣

We put one in when we redid the kitchen, confuses the hell out of anyone who comes over.

This one is pretty cool, it can be turned on manually like any faucet, or with the touch sense. Fancy

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I got caught in an accident on 95N around Fredericksburg VA yesterday.....1.8 miles from an E85 station......on Empty with "0 miles" left in the tank. Idled for 45 minutes with AC on in 100 degree weather.....with a spare 5 gal of E85 in the backseat, but didn't want to be "that guy" captured on camera fueling his car in the middle lane in accident traffic.

made it to the station. E85 is a love/hate relationship

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I got caught in an accident on 95N around Fredericksburg VA yesterday.....1.8 miles from an E85 station......on Empty with "0 miles" left in the tank. Idled for 45 minutes with AC on in 100 degree weather.....with a spare 5 gal of E85 in the backseat, but didn't want to be "that guy" captured on camera fueling his car in the middle lane in accident traffic.

made it to the station. E85 is a love/hate relationship
The alcohol in E85 evaporates quickly, which would cool you down. So obviously you just needed to turn your car off and douse yourself in E85. Problem solved.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
The alcohol in E85 evaporates quickly, which would cool you down. So obviously you just needed to turn your car off and douse yourself in E85. Problem solved.
immediate tiktok fame....do a little dance while dousing myself....nailed it

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
And obviously the higher the rate of evaporation, the quicker the cooling so heat up the ethanol with some sort of heating element, like get close to the downpipe.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
it's ok guys, we're all autocross champions here....