GOLFMKV

Mk5 Track car part out

Michael gti07

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu
Thanks.
The question then is -
How much more NVH from metal bearings rather than poly's?
Will it be annoying on a cross country trip? Highways tend to be flatter than the roads here in Northern Ohio.
I'm going to keep and run my mk5 into the ground (it's my DD and sometime AX toy), so I like to think long term.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Bump for deletion of sold items, and new pics.

Regarding bushings, stiffer bushings compromise ride quality, there is no avoiding it. The TT bushings were still quite streetable though. On the rear control blades I would suggest using spherical bearings rather than poly - the rear control blades need to move in both vertical and horizontal planes, which the spherical bearing allows, but doesn't allow for any slop. Poly bushings in the rear resist horizontal movement, which can give a rather weird feeling of the rear binding at times.

On the street, some people seem to tolerate bearings, but they have no give, and transmit everything. In just the rear blade position its not too bad, but its there. I would either keep it stock in the rear, or go to the bearing and avoid poly. For the fronts poly works OK as the control arms more or less simply swing on one plane up and down.

Most of the parts I chose and sold above were tolerable on a daily driver, but spherical bearings start crossing the line into race car parts.

Michael gti07

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu
The Whiteline Anti Lift Kit replacing my front oem rubber donut bushings actually made the ride softer & more comfortable.
I'm chalking it up to the a-arm being able to pivot freely and make the springs do the work, instead of shunting vibration thru my subframe.
I'm really wanting the bearings now, gotta see how much money I've left over after filing the taxes.
Actually, I want half of what you've got left.
Where did I hide the piggy bank?

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
One last look at the sport spindles, the lucky new owner is going to have a lot of fun with these! If you want to get handling to the next level you have to consider getting these or the Audi TT spindles, VW really held back the handling with the stock geometry.

To everyone who bought suspension parts, thanks, they are all coming off today and should be in shipping Monday. I also have a set of TT brake ducts that I'll list above.

Teutonic Turbo

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow, those spindles look great, I can only imagine how your car handled with them.

Parts haven't shipped yet, you say? Oh boy, so tempted to get more parts.

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
I would buy the spindles too. But my incredibly shrinking wallet won't allow!

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Most of the original items are sold and shipped, bump for what's left, thanks.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Wow, those spindles look great, I can only imagine how your car handled with them.

Parts haven't shipped yet, you say? Oh boy, so tempted to get more parts.

The spindles reduced under steer to the point where I could post similar lap times to stock Porsche Cayman S models, so it made the car quite fun to drive, although not so fun to others who kept insisting this car couldn't go fast.

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
The spindles reduced under steer to the point where I could post similar lap times to stock Porsche Cayman S models, so it made the car quite fun to drive, although not so fun to others who kept insisting this car couldn't go fast.

Yeah when you want to get serious and get these vw to handle the H2sport spindles are a must, like I said had them in my pervious. MKiv stage 3+ GLI drove by many awd cars , ton of front grip no more understeer. . Thanx again John I'm sure ill enjoy them when they go on the car. Bump for a great seller good luck with the new track car this season . Bob G :thumbsup:

Michael gti07

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu
I finally have some money available.

I will buy the 034 Motorsport upper strut mounts $75 shipped.

I'm thinking about the Schroth Quick Fit belt harnesses pair for $250 shipped.

My question is will SCCA require a full setup with anti submarining or can I use these on my daily driver?
I'm really kind of new at racing, just some Superfly Autocross Sundays (amateur) here in Ohio.
The killer is this year I haven't had the time or the money at the same time for open track days at Nelson Ledges here in Northern Ohio.

Thanks,
Michael

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
You don't want to use the harness on your daily driver. And you certainly don't want a harness without an anti-submarine. Big potential safety issues.