GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk5 Track car part out

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
My 08 is retired from HPDE duty, so have some goodies for sale:

034 Motorsport upper strut mounts - Only installed for about 2 months, barely used. Currently out of stock at 034. Much harder rubber mount than stock, also helps cure squeaks and noise from stiffer springs.
$75 shipped.

Schroth Quick Fit belt harnesses
A pair of Schroth quick fit harnesses, complete for both sides. Used for about 2 years, both in excellent shape. If you do autocross or track days, you want these, they hold you firmly in place without the expense of a rear cage or harness bar. Excellent for dual duty car. Were $225 ea new.
$250 shipped for pair

Audi TT brake ducts
Used pair of Audi control arm brake ducts - see photo below. The lower outside corner on both has had the corner trimmed, and they've rubbed a bit, the sport spindle brought these too close to the wheel, so they aren't perfect, but still functional. These no longer appear to be available from the usual sources. As long as you don't have car judges sniffing under the car with white gloves they're fine.
$60 shipped.

Will consider deals if you want more than 1 item, otherwise prices firm. Prices include shipping to 48 states - CA or somewhere else please PM. First come, first serve. All parts are in excellent shape and will be securely shipped, all sales final.

Last edited:

iowarabbit

cornfed.
Car(s)
07K '09 Audi TT
TT arms add a little bit of caster over stock too, right? how much did the sport spindles and control arms affect ride quality?

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
1. TT arms add a little bit of caster over stock too, right?
2. how much did the sport spindles and control arms affect ride quality?

1. nope
2. not at all

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
PM'd About Brakes

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
PM'd for trailing arm bearings

Michael gti07

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu
Damn bad timing.
Money's tight during my 1969 house update.
But anyway,

I have yet to install my Whiteline Trailing Arm Bushing set.
Do the 034 Rear Sphericals increase NVH, or do they float/rotate very smoothly, resulting in better feel than the stock rubberband bush?

When I updated to the WALK kit, I used new GTI strut mount bushings at 40k miles. Will I really notice the increased stiffness of TT bushings?
Thanks,
Michael

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
I am convinced that you will feel more NVH with the trailing arm bearings. Every bushing I have replaced has given me more NVH. Not surprising, since all these bushings were designed to dampen the smaller amplitude road imperfections, something that they do much better than your primary spring and shock absorber system.

But of course, I don't let it bug me anymore.