GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk 7 vs Focus ST

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Do you like it more than the CTR? Driving wise, that is? I love the way the stock CTR drives, but it's too big, too ugly inside and out, doesn't seem to have enough cooling and just doesn't have a tuning market. I haven't looked at the Hyundai seriously, but I actually kind of like the screwball door setup, as I really only ever open one rear door to belt my kid in, so I'd be fine with the longer door on the driver side. But who am I kidding, I'll just get a Mk8 R in a few years and ignore all of these cars.
Price wise, not the same class. I've driven both, the Veloster is more fun, CTR likely faster on most tracks.

Both kind of ugly.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Plus it's kinda gone Subaru.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Plus it's kinda gone Subaru.

I kinda like it. Then I look from another angle and don't. Then look again and it's Ok. Definitely not one of those looks that instantly draws you in. It's more you try to convince yourself it's not so bad.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Which is sad since they got the Fiesta ST just right, even down to the angry three pot.

That and the new Toyota thing both make me sad. Only because we don't get them.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
We are supposed to get the Corolla GRMN with close to 300hp and awd though. I don't dislike this render
If they keep the lawyers out of the suspension tuning, should be pretty cool.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
If they keep the lawyers out of the suspension tuning, should be pretty cool.
The Toyota version of the GT86 was a wildly better setup than the Subaru setup. The Toyota had a much more neutral setup, even leaning towards oversteer. Hopefully they get the Corolla right, much like the Hyundai, I won't buy one, but it's good to have these sorts of things around.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The Toyota version of the GT86 was a wildly better setup than the Subaru setup. The Toyota had a much more neutral setup, even leaning towards oversteer. Hopefully they get the Corolla right, much like the Hyundai, I won't buy one, but it's good to have these sorts of things around.
300hp awd Corolla is temping if it has the same kind of reliability of most Toyotas. Might make a fantasy track toy even stock.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
300hp awd Corolla is temping if it has the same kind of reliability of most Toyotas. Might make a fantasy track toy even stock.
I said I wouldn't buy it, but honestly, if it's smaller than the Mk8 R and lighter, I will actually consider it. It will be interesting to see what sort of aftermarket support it will have, I'm not sure if any other US cars will get a version of that drivetrain.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Their interiors are complete plastic garbage though. Not cool once you get past 30.
What, in any car sub 50k these days, is not plastic in the interior? My gti is all plastic besides seat, steering wheel, shifter boot, and having driven recent Toyotas their interiors feel pretty nice. They also won't develop nearly the noises and their door seals won't need monthly lubrication.