GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mix n Match

AGRo

Ready to race!
Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all geared up for Xmas and have been keeping well.

I have a question that I have done some searching on but haven't quite found the all inclusive answer I seek hence my post in the hope that someone out there has actually done this..

Has anyone got the Bluefin Stage 2 tune and if so, what did you do to meet the exhaust and intake requirements? For those in the know, would an APR downpipe and a Carbonio intake do the job? Would these be good/poor choices with the Bluefin software? Do I need to worry about a O2 error that I have read about on some forums? Is keeping the stock rear exhaust and just replacing the DP ok? (I think the answer to that last one is yes but would love opinions) Does anyone envision any issues with changing the intake and exhaust and then at odd times running the stock ecu mapping eg servicing time etc.

Appreciate your wisdom in an effort to increase my understanding.

All the best!
AGRo

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Best to email and ask Superchips i guess?

Booba

Ready to race!
I used AWE DP and custom catback from mr muffler in brisbane, apr hpfp and stock intake.

isaw84

Banned
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Agro,

I'm in a similar spot. Have Stg1, about to goto stg 2. Have a 42DD downpipe ready to be installed, yet to decide on the intake.

Dont bother with the carbonio. it doesn't do anything for intake airflow. The Evoms or something of a simialr design is the way to go. then engine cover is the bottleneck.
I wouldn't bother with a cat back 'zort personally, as I like the quiet appeal and no drone, but thats up to you. You wont really see a noticable performance improvement from it, the DP is the most restrictive stock bit. It'd be advised to get a wayne angle block for the O2 sensor, otherwise you will trigger a CEL. APR code the ecu to ignore it.

You can use a APR DP if you want to spend the coin, but I'd PM Greg Roles (CogDoc) and ask about a 42DD pipe. will work out being a better price than importing one yourself.

The service guys if they have half a brian will know whats going on when they see the DP, just depeneds on how anal they want to be.