GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mishimoto's MK7 Intercooler and Piping R&D Thread

slowgti1

Passed Driver's Ed
Need any dummy cars to test it on? XD It would look good with the mishimoto intake lol

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
As greggles said, not much proof they actually gain any power, but I do think there is a benefit to them so I'm curious how yours do!

Mishimoto1

Ready to race!
Need any dummy cars to test it on? XD It would look good with the mishimoto intake lol

If only you were like 960 miles closer! How are you liking your intake so far?

As greggles said, not much proof they actually gain any power, but I do think there is a benefit to them so I'm curious how yours do!

Same! Our engineer, Ye, has been at it for the last three days tearing down our loaner Golf TSI, checking our fitment prototype, and working with the fabricator to make some mock-up piping to get the design just right. Looking forward to having the completed samples back for testing!

-Nick

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!

Same! Our engineer, Ye, has been at it for the last three days tearing down our loaner Golf TSI, checking our fitment prototype, and working with the fabricator to make some mock-up piping to get the design just right. Looking forward to having the completed samples back for testing!

-Nick

I'm in the area with full bolt on car around the West Chester, PA area. PM me what you're looking for and details.

slowgti1

Passed Driver's Ed

-Nick

I love the intake

Mishimoto1

Ready to race!
Hey Guys!

The blog is live! Head over to our Engineering Blog to check out the stock review on the MK7 intercooler!

I don't have to tell you guys about the efficient use of space the Germans always put into their vehicles, and the MK7 is no exception.In this case, they made a sort of intercooler sandwich by squeezing it between the AC condenser and the radiator.

While the stock intercooler is good enough for daily driving unmodified GTIs and Golf Rs, it becomes a restriction point once you start turning up the boost. We have a bit of an extra challenge since there's not much more room to expand into.

Stay tuned for our design plans, and also updates on the piping as well!

-Nick