GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mechanic Needed For Install In Central Jersey

BiggiePhat08

Ready to race!
guys i might come but i was reading and i have one probably dumbass question....is the neuspeed intake safe to have outside and drive in the rain. i mean it sits pretty high up and i don't think there is a risk of a lot of water coming up into it and getting sucked up...is there any precautions i should take.

07Noside

Banned
The only way rain/water is going to affect your motor and cause hydrolock is if the water level rises to level of your air filter. No it will not cause any adverse effects unless your driving through a lake.

BiggiePhat08

Ready to race!
figuring the filter seems to be about 2 feet off of the grund...i guess there will be no ill effects. and i guessing the hood is sealed enough to resist even the hardest rain...but i guess i should still place it in the garage if it snows.

07Noside

Banned
If you got a garage i'd use it all the time personally I've driven my car through all conditions. Just w/o my summer wheels and c/f hood on for the winter of course. I'm not taking a chance ruining $3k by the winter, but rain won't do anything no matter how hard its raining.

BiggiePhat08

Ready to race!
yup i mean if it snows i really dont have a garage where i live for college...but i can go to my parents house and park it there i guess if worse comes to worse...snow is the only thing i am worried about with this thing.

tranceporter

F**K YOU CAM FOLLOWERS
Car(s)
'08 BMP GTI
update: installed the intake this morning. took me about ~an hour. i took my time and made sure i did everything right. very very simple if you have a basic mechanic skills. i fix espresso machines for a living so i applied some similar techniques and everything worked out easy :laugh:

here are some tips i compiled

-don't be a pussy - pull the cover HARD off from different angles not straight up.
-to remove the turbo inlet tube, i used a pair of channel-lock pliers to clamp the clamp and just pulled it right off. i did not warm up the car as that seems retarded and you will most likely burn your hand.
-when i reattached the black rubber pieces for the heat shield i didn't bother trying to put the hex bolts on the bottom back on so i just blue loc-tited them in.
-unplug the noise pipe as it'll give you an inch more clearance that helps.
-use a small socket wrench to put the clamps on near the turbo.
-i don't know if this was an '08 issue but i had to cut off and file down some of the rubber where you attach the intake to the side of the motor. after i did that the screw bolted in straight and snug.
-give the stock engine cover the middle finger.

i'm editiing pics i'll post the link when i'm done

tranceporter

F**K YOU CAM FOLLOWERS
Car(s)
'08 BMP GTI
blah i dont wanna cut anything i need to return it to stock later on blahhhhhhh

no no no, it's on the p-flo. pick up the tube and look at it there's a rubber part that you screw on the engine. if you have an '08 or idk if it was just my car but you need to trim it just a bit to fit correctly.