GOLFMKV

Manual.

KaaWazuri

Hello to everybody from East Africa.
I imported Golf GTI 2007 from Japan.
Got it last Friday.
Found yoir wonderful forum.
Three questions:
1. From where can I download User Manual?
2. Having Yokohama CEOS 225/40/R18. Is 35 PSI correct pressure?
3. Servicing tomorrow, Oil (Total Quattz 9000 5-40) needed? Plugs preferred?

So many tnx,
Ben

Car(s)
Subaru
Idk where to download a manual but fill the tires to what the door says. I use 5w40. I forget the plugs to use too

Sent from my flip phone

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
I run 38psi, liqui moly 5w40, and ngk pfr7b plugs. Everyone's setup is a little different though

Tapatalkin

goneD4rk

Banned

Jet08

Ready to race!
Good day Ben welcome to the forum. As you imported it from Japan I will assume it is right hand drive, how many kilometres has it done?
With the oil the recommended type is full synthetic 5w30 if you move to 5w40 you have a slight reduction in cold engine protection over the 5w30 and a marginal increase in hot protection. I run 34psi as I do a lot of freeway miles and also I live in a warm climate area similar to you but with less humidity (today it is 42C so around 108F)

KaaWazuri

Hi,
Tnx for replies.
It has 95K km and it is right hand drive as we are driving here.
Can not get 5w30 here.
Dealer here never sold any GTI and have no manual.
No inflating pressure anywhere on the car.
Thanks again.

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
If youre looking for the owners manual make sure its not in the little hidding cubby in the glove box.. its not at all obvious if you dont know that its suppose to be there.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
It is not
:mad0259:

There is a good chance you would not be able to read it anyway unless you are able to read Japanese. You can find just about anything you need to know on this forum or just doing a Google search. In 6 years I don't think I have ever used mine.

It was mentioned in previous post but you MUST run synthetic oil.

You should also check/replace the cam follower (fuel pump). It is a weak point on these motors that can cause problems that you can avoid by replacing it on a periodic basis.

DIY cam follower link