GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAF P0100

Bryan06GTI

On my best behavior
Car(s)
06 GTI
So i got this code and gonna try and fix it tomorrow, Checking all connections, cleaning out the MAF with CRC cleaner, i read some where that it could be the ground wire connecting to the frame but i dont know where to look any help or some more things to check?

Sogotron 6000

Professional Honda Hater
dude i have the same problem. took it so a tune shop and they used ross tech to try and clear it but according to the mad mechanic, my MAF was busted. i did the next best thing and go a new MAF and the code still wouldnt clear. the mechanic kept looking and his next best guess was that it was the MAF wiring harness, so i replaced that and the code still wouldnt clear. at that point i just told the guy to do a better job and get me the right diagnosis. still have that damn thing on there..

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
dude i have the same problem. took it so a tune shop and they used ross tech to try and clear it but according to the mad mechanic, my MAF was busted. i did the next best thing and go a new MAF and the code still wouldnt clear. the mechanic kept looking and his next best guess was that it was the MAF wiring harness, so i replaced that and the code still wouldnt clear. at that point i just told the guy to do a better job and get me the right diagnosis. still have that damn thing on there..

I hope you didn't pay for any of the wrong repairs. How did the car run before you took it to a shop?

Mariach

FIA F1 World Champ..to be
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI DSG
I pulled the same one a few weeks ago.. what tune are your running? Intake?

Apparently it's common on certain tune/intake setups that can lead to a dirty/fouled MAF or incorrect airflow reading