GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LOVE HATE

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
i get noises when i first start driving, from the going over speedbumps and stuff, but when i come back home, the car doesn't make any noises. i hate it when i first start driving it, and love it when i'm almost done driving it.....is that a bad thing?

cjromano

I hate mustang GT's
Car(s)
06 BM GTI
Haha I completely agree. I was hanging out with my girlfriend the other day; she was talking about something and I completely tuned out when I heard a loud rattle. It comes up every once in a while, and I'm pretty sure it's my DP rattling down there, only happens when I begin moving from a dead stop.

The day before, I was praising my car. Not only did it disappoint me, it disappointed my gf. So yes, LOVE/HATE (but something like 75/25)

I think that might be the heat shield! The SAME EXACT sound happened to me from a dead stop to rolling and I swear it sounded like dp but it was a loose heat shield! check it out, I am interested to see if that's what it is.

As for me, the thing I absolutely hate are the plastic lowers, hate hate hate. Other than that, I am happy with about everything, oh and besides those damn rolling nobs to make the back of the seat go down. hate that too lol.....

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
80k miles and going strong. love it when it wants to act right, every now and then gotta backhand that ass to get her back in check

mikegabriel

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
You're not an auto enthusiast unless your car has spent an extended amount of time on jack stands. For example, one of these 3 bitches always seems to be on stands.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 312

Bfreiman

lalalalalalalalalalalala
Hmmm...I don't think I can hate my MKV. It may only have 10500 miles, but every time I drive another car it's just not the same. I might be a little too attached to my hatch:biggrin: Oh, well. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before my car starts to get on my nerves too.

Aggressor

UGly
Hmmm...I don't think I can hate my MKV. It may only have 10500 miles, but every time I drive another car it's just not the same. I might be a little too attached to my hatch:biggrin: Oh, well. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before my car starts to get on my nerves too.

:word:

I had to drive my parents acrua TL the other day, as the GTI needed a tire replaced. What used to feel like a pretty nice ride before I experienced the GTI, now just feels like a disconnected mess.

I've also got what must be the subframe bolt issue. Nice to know it's a common problem...

Just curious, do Audis carry a lot of the same problems (creaks and rattles, subframe bolts, random failures)?

Bfreiman

lalalalalalalalalalalala
:word:

I had to drive my parents acrua TL the other day, as the GTI needed a tire replaced. What used to feel like a pretty nice ride before I experienced the GTI, now just feels like a disconnected mess.

I've also got what must be the subframe bolt issue. Nice to know it's a common problem...

Just curious, do Audis carry a lot of the same problems (creaks and rattles, subframe bolts, random failures)?

Hahahaha. I rarely drive my mom's mercedes e320 or my dad's BMW 740il, but when I do it's the same story as yours. My brother's B5.5 Passat tdi however is a more fun drive than those cars to me. I think it might have something to do with that VW badge they put on the car though.:wink:

arsenal55

DSGTI MK5
I think that might be the heat shield! The SAME EXACT sound happened to me from a dead stop to rolling and I swear it sounded like dp but it was a loose heat shield! check it out, I am interested to see if that's what it is.

As for me, the thing I absolutely hate are the plastic lowers, hate hate hate. Other than that, I am happy with about everything, oh and besides those damn rolling nobs to make the back of the seat go down. hate that too lol.....

If I have time I'll take a look.

Aggressor

UGly
Hahahaha. I rarely drive my mom's mercedes e320 or my dad's BMW 740il, but when I do it's the same story as yours. My brother's B5.5 Passat tdi however is a more fun drive than those cars to me. I think it might have something to do with that VW badge they put on the car though.:wink:

lol

I can understand the merc being more barge like, but I'm surprised the 7 series isn't a little more engaging.

I think another aspect in the 'fun factor' is the GTI's steering wheel, that thing is like steering the car with a pair of tits:wub:

cjromano

I hate mustang GT's
Car(s)
06 BM GTI
dude, fuck those other messes, you shouldn't hate your GTI because it loves you like it doesn't know anyone else. Take care of her and mod the shit out of her and you'll have more fun than you know what to do with!

Moses

Go Kart Champion
I think another aspect in the 'fun factor' is the GTI's steering wheel, that thing is like steering the car with a pair of tits:wub:

i've always felt like this, and the steering assist is brilliant at making you think you're a real pro driver.

i don't know how i'm going to live w/o a thick leather steering wheel after i get another car. unless it has one.

yeah i absolutely hate the color and pretty much the car. hate hate hate it.

but i still love it and it makes me smile. putting a good coat of wax on, replacing a diverter valve, checking my cam follower... pain the ass things but for some reason it makes me happy to do it. and sometimes the air bag light pops up for a visit too, even though nothing is wrong.