GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LOVE HATE

Flipman416

Ready to race!
I freakin love my car, but hate it too.....anyone else here the more you put on miles the more weird sounds start happening, and it sounds too that sometimes so damn loud it freaks you out, but then for the most part you can never duplicate, and right when you think it will never come back it comes back, and its so hard to take it to the dealer because theyll just tell you your crazy lol.

Anyone want to chime in on their sound issues with MKV's as you put more and more miles on em. IM at 40K

arsenal55

DSGTI MK5
Haha I completely agree. I was hanging out with my girlfriend the other day; she was talking about something and I completely tuned out when I heard a loud rattle. It comes up every once in a while, and I'm pretty sure it's my DP rattling down there, only happens when I begin moving from a dead stop.

The day before, I was praising my car. Not only did it disappoint me, it disappointed my gf. So yes, LOVE/HATE (but something like 75/25)

Flipman416

Ready to race!
lol lol for example today im driving to work and I punched the gas just for fun and this sound was like "WACK" like plastic breaking or something, I was like what the hell of course checked everything and nothing no codes car drives fine man im gonna get an ulcer worrying. Im getting to the point though where im so over it if it blows up on me oh well lol lol!!!

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion

http://yhst-1918367471896.stores.yahoo.net/lovehatet1.html

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
I have a lot of love for my car, but then again I do hate not being able to duplicate the noise that the chasis makes when I turn or go up a ramp while turning (and its only 19k) But I love my little monster :)

CW MKV GTI

FukenMoven!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I have a lot of love for my car, but then again I do hate not being able to duplicate the noise that the chasis makes when I turn or go up a ramp while turning (and its only 19k) But I love my little monster :)

Is it a popping noise that only happens when steering to the left or right in a strong fashion? Can almost feel it in the steering wheel? If so, subframe bolts. Google it.

arsenal55

DSGTI MK5
Yeah it's almost surely the subframe bolts being loose. Throw in all the TSBs, cam follower nightmare (I still need to check mine, I'm at 26k!), and all the little things that annoy me.

But they end up amounting to love :)

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
Is it a popping noise that only happens when steering to the left or right in a strong fashion? Can almost feel it in the steering wheel? If so, subframe bolts. Google it.

Yeah, I know, there is even a DIY with audi bolts to fix it, my problem is, why should I fix it, while the car still has a warranty?I know I'm asking too much from the stealer.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Some days I love my car, and others, I wanna trade it for a sti.

GTI.

E
Car(s)
07 GTI
Yeah, I know, there is even a DIY with audi bolts to fix it, my problem is, why should I fix it, while the car still has a warranty?I know I'm asking too much from the stealer.

I don't think you are. I had an 07 Passat that did that and my GTI does it as well, sounds horrible. I'm going to replace my subframe bolts eventually... just as I SHOULD of checked my cam follower long time ago but i'm being lazy (got 32k), but at the end of the day, i like this car. Its a GTI, not an M3. Gotta take it as it is. For the price, its an sporty car with a european feel but keep in mind its based off an economy car (I would never pay sticker for a GTI tho unless its base. the sticker on mine was like 26k new, bought it used for 17.9k with 19k miles :biggrin:).

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
I'm the same way - I love driving this car, but it's a piece of shit.

Here's hoping the next 50k miles are a little better than the first 50k :(