GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking into getting a DSLR

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
There are a few nice camera shops around OC. I would check out Pro Photo in Irvine. They have some nice equipment there and the staff should be fairly helpful if you talk to them about what you're looking for.

http://stores.prophotoirvine.com/StoreFront.bok

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
Car(s)
CW MkV
get a capable camera.... spend the rest on glass. determine what route you want to go as far as glass goes.

x2 I'm at the point where most of my lenses cost more than my camera but it was completely worth it IMO.

apollosfury

designeddwk
before i first starting shooting (35mm) and decided to move up to the SLR cameras, i tried out several brands and found that the Nikon(N75) camera was more comfortable and easier for me to use. I just recently got the d5000 as a gift and am still getting familiar with it.

i guess the moral of that is to just try out several different brands and decide which one you like best. If your choice is between Nikon or Canon, you can't really go wrong as they both make great products.

AdvanSuper

Banned
get a capable camera.... spend the rest on glass. determine what route you want to go as far as glass goes.

This.

There are a few nice camera shops around OC. I would check out Pro Photo in Irvine. They have some nice equipment there and the staff should be fairly helpful if you talk to them about what you're looking for.

http://stores.prophotoirvine.com/StoreFront.bok

I'd go in there and play with the camera's, but not buy one. Look at SlickDeals for camera purchases to get the most bang for your buck.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
I'd go in there and play with the camera's, but not buy one. Look at SlickDeals for camera purchases to get the most bang for your buck.
I would try to support your local dealers, camera and otherwise.

If everybody goes to local specialty shops for free advice and to try stuff out without buying there, we'll wind up with only Internet purchases and stores like Worst Buy with overpriced crap and indifferent and ignorant sales staff.

Just my $0.02...