GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking into getting a DSLR

Cbus mkv

Lowcally Famous
Canon rebels are good for just shooting, if you want something more serious the 50d or the new 60d is great. If your even more serious 7D, thats what i have, 18mp, 1080 HD vid, 7fps, etc.

basically canon > nikon, in my opinion

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
get a capable camera.... spend the rest on glass. determine what route you want to go as far as glass goes.

TornadoFast09

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Canon rebels are good for just shooting, if you want something more serious the 50d or the new 60d is great. If your even more serious 7D, thats what i have, 18mp, 1080 HD vid, 7fps, etc.

basically canon > nikon, in my opinion

im 18 so all i do is shoot lol

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
From personal experience I can tell you that it doesn't completely matter what you're shooting with as long as you have good glass and you are capable of shooting a photo. Great looking pictures are dictated by the photographer, not necessarily the camera. Granted, you could take your photographic abilities to new levels with the right equipment, but your shots should speak for themselves. Anyone saying that one brand is better than the other is speaking based on their personal experiences, if applicable.

I shot with my point and shoot for a long time until I understood how to make the best of it, and it began to limit me. I had been shooting film in high school as well at the time, so when it finally came down to it I just went all out and got a D300. Took me a long time to save up for it but it was worth it in my opinion. I chose to go with Nikon for a few reasons. My main reasoning was that Nikon's just felt better in my hands. All the essential functions of the camera have dedicated buttons on them so I don't have to sift through menus to find them. Adjusting everything on my camera is super easy and quick for me at least. Also, Nikon had just released their new imaging processor so I wanted it for that. Others prefer Canon for whatever reasons they have chosen. At the end of the day though, like I said, it's the photographer not the camera that makes great looking photos. A camera is just an image making machine and is solely controlled by you. I have a friend that has a D40 that takes better looking photos than my other friend with a 40D with L glass.

So my suggestion would be to go to your local camera shops and spend ample time testing different models within your price range and figuring out which FEELS best to you. Once you start getting more familiarized with the camera you can figure out whether you want to go forward with one brand over another. From what I've heard, Canon's glass is a bit cheaper when it gets to the higher end stuff, compared to Nikon's comparable lenses. So if you are planning on having an arsenal of glass that might be something to consider.

.:AreThirteeTwo

Canyon Runner
I'm gunna be using the camera for college and for taking pics at shows and things like that, I've played around with a few sony dslr's and I liked them but they didn't really do it for me.

So basically I'm gettin from what I read is to check review sites and just go in and play with the cameras?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
I'm gunna be using the camera for college and for taking pics at shows and things like that, I've played around with a few sony dslr's and I liked them but they didn't really do it for me.

So basically I'm gettin from what I read is to check review sites and just go in and play with the cameras?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

I'd stick with just Canon or Nikon, because of the availability of used glass that you can buy off of classifieds, etc.

If this is your first camera, you can get a lot of bang for your buck if you buy used.

Since you're in OC, the Canon service center is in Irvine, so you can just walk in to get your equipment serviced. That's another thing to consider.