Car(s)
'12 4 door GTI
wish I had a 15'+ ceiling to do that..
..hell, wish I had a garage, period...

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
actually you don't need a ceiling that high, its 12'6, and still had room to go up. standard 4 posts don't go as high as this one, its an extra long/tall/high model

3szoom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 UG GTI
Hope you don't mind me asking, but how much does something like that run? I have a garage and would kill to have that setup.

Looks awesome man.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
Pretty cool man. Wish I had the room/cash to do something like this. Id def bolt those posts down with lags. I dont see them bolted in the pics haha

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
the lift itself was $3310, but you can get cheaper ones. This one is a Bendpak HD9-XW.

With 4 post lifts you don't have to bolt them down, although you can if you want. I got a caster kit with this one.. you put the brackets with the wheels around the posts, and then let the ramps down, and it fulcrums and picks the posts up off the ground. I also picked up a rolling air jack that goes on the inside channels too, so I can lift the car up off the ramps for suspenion work and whatnot

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
my GTI is on koni coils all the way down with the rear adjusters out, and i drove right on. When I backed off, the tabs on the ramps caught the back part of the plastic tray that stops right before the rear wheels.. the part where its triangular shaped and hangs down like an inch. I stuck some 2x6's under the ends of the ramps so the tabs didnt stick up (they are hinged), and it went right off.

If you're super low, you're gonna have to play games like any other ramps. thats just the name of the game

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Awww I got the cash or that but not the ceiling height in he garage... Wtf looks nice op. I'm more jealous of this than bags on cars.