My toy and I...

When it was nearly stock...

A bit better after some coilovers...

And the last year shots...

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Damn there's some nice cars. Particularly that Eclipse and that S52 swapped 318ti.

My toy and I...

When it was nearly stock...

And the last year shots...

The first picture is at Tirerack right? The second picture is at Maywood Park? Which club do you go with? Chicago Audi? I go with CVO. Looks really nice.

ghostgti

CATCHMEIFYOUCAN!
Car(s)
08 White GTI
I will bet my car it does not say 'Karmen'.. :rolleyes:

sweet nonetheless!!

and for your fucking info i bought it from a lady who was the second owner and who bought it from a lady that was stationed in germany in the airforce and shipped it here. so before you go doubting people make sure you know what the fuck you are talking about......

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I think he meant spelling. Isn't it spelled "Karmann?"

Edit. Just took a picture of my dad's Cabby and it is indeed. I think that's what HOT H20 originally meant.

Attachments

• DSC08342.jpg
    DSC08342.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 306
  • DSC03452.jpg
    DSC03452.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 299
and for your fucking info i bought it from a lady who was the second owner and who bought it from a lady that was stationed in germany in the airforce and shipped it here. so before you go doubting people make sure you know what the fuck you are talking about......

fuckin aye!

nsracing33

Passed Driver's Ed
My secondary ride... 2000 CBR 600F4. Currently has a K&N filter, NGK Iridium Plugs, Flush mount turn signals, Dynojet Jet Kit and M4 exhaust system

1 006.jpg

Recently sold, 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT1. Had a cold air intake, 17" Focal Chrome wheels, cat-back exhaust, triple gauage pod, and a rockford fosgate audio system. I also had on a 4 head strobe system and led lights for my role as a Firefighter/EMT. It was a fun car.. but no GTI...

1 0231.jpg
07fb_1.jpg

Last edited:

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
omg ok, thats a bet. ill take a pic tomorrow......hahahh yes it does say karmen

:laughabove::laughabove: oh please, tell me more!!

I think he meant spelling. Isn't it spelled "Karmann?"

Edit. Just took a picture of my dad's Cabby and it is indeed. I think that's what HOT H20 originally meant.
yes this is what I meant. Thanks for the pic!

fuckin aye!
yeah, he sure told me. :rolleyes:

ghostgti - you need to calm down. First off why do you care so much what others say on the internet to the point that you are cursing me out?! And if you really want to get into it, about me 'knowing my shit' etc you might want to research where your car actually came from because MANY MK1 Cabs came with the 'Karmann' kit here in North America so I would go as far as calling Bullshit on your nice little story there, but I don't really care either way.

I know exactly what the fuck I am talking about but somehow I am not as confident in your knowledge.

edit: I just looked again at your pics, and do you see those side indicators front and rear, yeah, that's a North American spec right there. Thanks for the lovely little story about how this was bought from Hitler's granddaughter herself or whatever bullshit you are trying to feed us, :rolleyes:

Try and take a fucking compliment and a little light hearted jabbing instead of flying off the handle next time. :biggrin:

And don't lie about shit because when you are found out you loose credibility.

oh.. whaddya know, here is another ad near you for an MK1 Cabrio which I think says 'Karmen' too!!
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/1070639175.html
look familiar :p
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/1046577757.html

double edit: here is a little history I found for ya. Your car there unfortunately is NOT any special edition. Basically a standard body kit which began in '88

"In general, there were two types of convertibles: standard and limited special edition. Beginning in 1983, there were several special editions that involved different combinations of paint and top colors, top materials, leather or special pattern seat materials, special wheel types and colors, side and rear badges, and upgraded equipment packages. Special editions in the USA included the Wolfsburg, Boutique (all alpine white), Best Seller and Etienne Aigner. In Europe, special editions included the Acapulco, Azur, Bel-Air, Carat, Christmas, Coast, Etienne Aigner, Fashionline, Genesis, Havanna, Highline, Quartett, Sportline, Toscana and Youngline.."

"..The third brake light became mandatory in the USA in 1986 and bumpers and front side mirrors were painted to match the exterior body color. In 1988 VW added hydraulic lifters and the Cabriolet body kit with the updated 4-headlight grill, front and rear bumpers, fender flares and rocker skirts."

third brake light is another dead giveaway that your car is a US model. Thanks for playing.

Last edited:

GTI 5

Ready to race!
The first picture is at Tirerack right? The second picture is at Maywood Park? Which club do you go with? Chicago Audi? I go with CVO. Looks really nice.

Yes, yes and yes. I'm actually a director on the board of the Audi Club Chicago. I did one or two Gingerman events with CVO too and I've been to Treffen once or twice I think(not participating, just watching).

GTI 5- PLEASE tell me you still have it! a coupe that clean is hard to come by these days, would you happen to have anymore pictures?

Yes, still have the car....it's gone a different route from making sure it's 'clean'...it has a roll-bar welded in and most of the interior is completely gone. The car is actually far from stock....only things that remain are transmission and rear diff.....but even that may change.
It is still naturally aspirated, but running on 034 MS EFI full ecu, coil on plug, shorter intake manifold, 36# injectors...soon to be with ITBs actually and stuff like that. Custom built coilovers, custom camber/castor plates, 255/40/17 r-comps, no sway bars...Recaros with 6-point Schroth...Euro bumpers, CF hood....hatch is fiberglass from factory, 5-bolt hubs, Porche brakes front and S4 rears, really bunch of stuff...can't even think of it all.

I do have a ton of pictures from various stages in it's life...

As you can see...car needs paint but that's really low on my priority list..

Behind my old A4 Avant...

That's enough...no need to spam this tread....and thanks for the compliments!