GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED Tails

gtabfknkdnme

Ready to race!
Anyone know the cheapest place to get the OEM style led taillights?

i know ecs and tmtuning have them for ~500$, anywhere else to get these for a little cheaper?

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
not really, you could organize a group buy if you wanted a better price...

gtabfknkdnme

Ready to race!
yeah i was talking to some guy that was associated with the previous groupbuy and he said he'd get back to me.

otherwise...theres gotta be a way to get these tails without paying 500$+

Vortec4800

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I will be offering a group buy very soon. Im going to become a sponsor/vendor, just go to square everything away.

Are you going to be offering the OEM ones? Chinese or Mexican made? (Is there a difference for the GTI lights, or is that just the Jetta lights?)

Vortec4800

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Yes these are OEM LED which are similar to the JETTA ones.

Yeah but are they made in Mexico or China? I guess the Mexican ones are substantially nicer than the ones made in China, even though they're all technically OEM.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
Are you going to be offering the OEM ones? Chinese or Mexican made? (Is there a difference for the GTI lights, or is that just the Jetta lights?)

Should be neither one.
The VW euro Golf oem LED tails are made by Valeo in Poland. They also have in.pro. stickers on them, go figure.

Vortec4800

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Thanks for the info. The Chinese/Mexico stuff must have been about the Jetta LEDs. So all of the OEM Golf/GTI LEDs are created equal?

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
Thanks for the info. The Chinese/Mexico stuff must have been about the Jetta LEDs. So all of the OEM Golf/GTI LEDs are created equal?

To the best of my knowledge, the Polish made Valeo LEDs are the only Golf LED tail light set with EU VW part numbers.
1K0 052 204

EsotericRR

Ready to race!
So how hard are the tails to get working? I already have the trigger wire for the rear fog, but i know you need to do other stuff. Nitroscope told me that I will need to run two new wires from the front of the car to the new tails. What is the purpose for that?