GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED parking lights besides Blesk

woweriux

Shifts first, asks later
I've attached a pic of the v-led parking lights.

As you can see, they end up matching the HIDs pretty much perfectly...

Attachments

• 2011-04-13 21.50.13.jpg
    2011-04-13 21.50.13.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 2,478

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
I bought error free LEDs for my license plate lights from eBay haven't had any problems. Here's a link to the same seller selling led parking lights http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180597178810&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I have these, but I plan on replacing them soon. They work fine, but I hate how the side mounted LEDs cast a shadow down the middle of the PCB. It really kills their brightness in mounting places which really need 5 LEDs vs 4.

woweriux

Shifts first, asks later
Here are the pics with the headlights off. In the zoomed out one they look blue but in real life they're pure white...

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 2011-04-14 22.37.22.jpg
    2011-04-14 22.37.22.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 2,248
  • 2011-04-14 22.40.25.jpg
    2011-04-14 22.40.25.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 2,296

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
GP Thunder 194/168 Canbus Hyper 5 5050 3 SMD LED

I have these, but I plan on replacing them soon. They work fine, but I hate how the side mounted LEDs cast a shadow down the middle of the PCB. It really kills their brightness in mounting places which really need 5 LEDs vs 4.
I am trying a set of error canceling bulbs with five SMD LEDs.
Currently running one of these on the drivers side and a Blesk on the passenger side.

They do a good job on the error canceling part, better than the Blesk in that respect.
But they are not any brighter than the two SMD LED error canceling Blesk in actual use.
Guess the extra light isn't being put to good use by the fixture :iono:

----

After reading many posts about bulbs popping out of the socket and falling into the headlight fixture,
I decided to tether mine before installing.

Sure glad I did, first try to install, I misaligned the socket and knocked the bulb out
and sure enough the bulb fell into the headlight. Thread pulled it right back out with no problems :wink:

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR
After reading many posts about bulbs popping out of the socket and falling into the headlight fixture,
I decided to tether mine before installing.

Sure glad I did, first try to install, I misaligned the socket and knocked the bulb out
and sure enough the bulb fell into the headlight. Thread pulled it right back out with no problems :wink:

Dude, are you a wizzard?

You always seem to come up with clever workarounds on common problems.
I will take not of this and try it myself when I get a set of new LEDs for the parking lights