GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leaking boost or DSG slipping?

maolin34

Passed Driver's Ed
I've got an 09' DSG TSI CBFA with a stage 1 BSH true seal and recently applied the APR ECU tune running 93 octane program exclusively.

In second and third gear runs from about 1500 rpm, I get strong acceleration until about 3000-3250 when I feel the power drop suddenly, and then it comes back in at about 3250-3500.

I do not have a VAG-Com yet to get any info, so I am trying to narrow down what might be happening until I do. To ideas so far...

1) Stock DV leaking boost?

OR

2) DSG slipping under the extra APR power?

This does not happen when I switch back to stock mode.

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
Do you know if you have the "G" or "D" DV? Just curious, because I've got the same motor and I'm looking into chipping too.

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
my understanding is that the DSG will "limit torque" to the wheels, the GIAC flash removes any torque limitations. I too feel like my DSG slips (I have FSI, but same torque as you with my Revo) and I think it does it to keep some of the shock off the drive line.

anyone with a real answer care to chime in?

maolin34

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, TSI.

So, I am understanding that the APR software removed the torque limitin restrictions in the DSG....so it's not that.

I was thinking that my DV was not holding the increased boost pressure from the APR tune. If I understand the route the charge air takes...but I am not well versed on how the DV system actually works. I could go back and read the BSH DV relocate summary that Phil@BSH has posted on Vortex.

Correct me if I am wrong...The DV routes charge air back to the intake when the throttle is closed. Is it possible for the DV vent to be forced open by the higher boost pressure while at WOT?

yvrnycracer

Never has enough power...
if guys are running big turbo's with DSG's with little to no problems your DSG definitely isn't slipping with stage 1...

maolin34

Passed Driver's Ed
if guys are running big turbo's with DSG's with little to no problems your DSG definitely isn't slipping with stage 1...

I clearly understand that there are DSG equipped cars out there with far more power than mine, but I don't think that is sufficient enough information to say that my DSG doesn't have a problem. My point is to try an determine the possible causes and eliminate them if I can before taking a more complex issue to the dealer. Unfortunatley, if the DSG was slipping...it only happens when I am running APR 93 tune, not in stock...which I would be set it to before going in for any service.

That said, what should be looking for in terms of the DV or PCV?

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
It might have something to do with the BSH stage 1 intake.. I have one too and i have the same problem. When i put the stock airbox back, it seems to go away.