GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

launch control

o6RSGTI

Ready to race!
not all MK5 GTIs were equipped with LC, 06 and i think the early built 07 did not have LC.
i had LC installed on my 06 gti i had to go through VWoA to do it. do a search you will find more info about this topic.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I believe the 06 and early 07 did not come from the factory with Lc.
This is correct mostly...I found that some actually came with LC enabled when doing my "looking into" years ago. Seemed hit or miss as to whether they were enabled from the factory during this period.

Mine is early '07 VIN ending in 047000 w/manuf-date of July 2006....my launch control wasn't activated when new. But I just pulled into my local VW dealer and the shop tech enabled it...no charge.

You are putting it into S or over into Tiptronic modes and then turning off ESP/traction control when it's warmed up right? It should rev to 2800 to 3000 rpm if working. If doesn't work doing these steps...go talk to a VW tech and ask if he will enable it for you. Don't talk to the shop manager or service writer...they'll likely deny you and say they cannot do it. If you know the writer/manager and are friendly...go ahead and ask.

Last edited:

exaurcism_666

Mine is early '07 VIN ending in 047000....my launch control wasn't activated when new. But I just pulled into my local VW dealer and the shop tech enabled it...no charge.

You are putting it into S or over into Tiptronic modes and then turning off ESP/traction control when it's warmed up right? It should rev to 2800 to 3000 rpm if working. If doesn't work doing these steps...go talk to a VW tech and ask if he will enable it for you. Don't talk to the shop manager or service writer...they'll likely deny you and say they cannot do it. If you know the writer/manager and are friendly...go ahead and ask.
thanks for your help

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yeah, I hope you find it as easy to enable as I did on my first try. This was of course after looking into this, myself, years ago and being directed to the dealership by someone on a forum.