GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lastest alignment specs

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Lang Racing just wrapped up my corner balance and alignment, toe was out since my recent alignment from Clarks Suspension. They did a fantastic job, I can feel a differeince modertly pushing on the street through 90º turns, looking forward to Fastivus!

Corner balanced adjusted to 50% crossweight including my body weight (219lbs), setup for R comps, couldn't get the front toe exactly at 0, my Whiteline Bump Steer kit is maxed out, close enough for me.

Going to try some Pirelli Slicks 245's for Fastivus, pick them up today :thumbsup:

miamirice

Ready to race!
Enjoy. Is this a new alignment or just corner weight and re-alignment? Post some video.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Wow, I hardly ever seem to get alignment as even on both sides, nice.

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
This was a new alignment and corner balance.

I've been adding more front camber to suit my old Hankook Z214's and now Pirelli Slicks, those tires need a lot of camber in the front. I had -1.9 front and -1.5 in the rear when I got the Hankooks and that wasn't cutting it.

So I pulled the clubsports to adjust the front plates and I only moved them 1 or 2 lines which resulted in only -2.25 front while I had the rear set to -2.5.

I ended up going through the hankooks. So I recently maxed out my front plates since I need more to suit these tires which resulted -2.75 front and I left the back at -2.5, that's plenty for rear.

I was using Clarks Suspension before and they use old school techniques, no laser technology.

I'll have some video towards the end of next weekend...

Enjoy. Is this a new alignment or just corner weight and re-alignment? Post some video.

:thumbsup:

Andrew @Lang Racing said to come back after the event and they'll double check it for $30, so I'm super stoked!

Wow, I hardly ever seem to get alignment as even on both sides, nice.

Thanks, feels good to find someone that does quality!

Hunter Engineering rack.

Here's a pic of it: http://www.langracing.com/about-us/services/suspension-setup-alignment-corner-balancing/
^ this.
Pretty impressive. What machine are they using?

supertanch

Ready to race!
Very nice specs, I'm looking to get mine done tmr with corner balancing, will using yours as reference. I ran Z214 c51 before, they do need a lot of front camber, so max out the clubsport's camber plate will give you 2.75 camber for front?

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Some cars will vary, might have more/less, but for the most part yeah -2.75 is maxed out on Clubsports.

Let us know how it goes :thumbsup:

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
Excellent job !! :thumbsup:

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Isn't -2.75 too much? ... I'm at -2.5 front and -1.5 rear

JRutter

old man
technologic's car is not daily driven, so the camber is set up for high speed on r-comps.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
But I thought that anything over -2.5 degrees of camber is just for show ...

miamirice

Ready to race!
I ran -2.7 on the street/track, some tires need it.

Agree. And some tracks need more too. I tend to run a symmetrical camber L and R but its also not uncommon to run -.5 more on one side depending on track. It's common to run -.5 more on the right at Homestead.

Hey Boston, just spent the weekend with Todd and Dave, they said your GTI is a monster. Dave turned a 2:16xx at Daytona, a solid 4 seconds faster than the Bimmerworld car that took 2nd place.