GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kumho tyres sale

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
I bought a set of KU-31's from Option1 garage while the special was on. It looks like it's actually cheaper to get them now, because the prices only went up by $5 after the special, but the freight was cut by a third.

Anyway, I've finally got around to putting them on and couldn't be happier. Grip, noise, everything about them is a quantum leap up compared to the CSC2's that were two years (25000km) old, and on the wear indicators.

Costs:

4 x KU-31 225x45x17 @ $126ea = $504 (now $5/tyre more)

Delivery to Perth = $120 (now $80)

Fitting & balancing = $88

Total cost: $712 = mrx verry happy. :smile:

Not only that, but the wear rating is 320 vs. 280 on the conti's, so I expect them to last a bit longer.

isaw

Banned
I've just had a swap from front <--> rear. they are still holding up pretty well, but the grip in the ku36's is amazing! I just hope I get another 5k out of them...
Must Stop Going to Nebo... Must Stop Going to Nebo... Must Stop Going to Nebo...

faisan

Ready to race!
I bought a set of KU-31's from Option1 garage while the special was on. It looks like it's actually cheaper to get them now, because the prices only went up by $5 after the special, but the freight was cut by a third.

Anyway, I've finally got around to putting them on and couldn't be happier. Grip, noise, everything about them is a quantum leap up compared to the CSC2's that were two years (25000km) old, and on the wear indicators.

Costs:

4 x KU-31 225x45x17 @ $126ea = $504 (now $5/tyre more)

Delivery to Perth = $120 (now $80)

Fitting & balancing = $88

Total cost: $712 = mrx verry happy. :smile:

Not only that, but the wear rating is 320 vs. 280 on the conti's, so I expect them to last a bit longer.

Did the fitting and balancing include a wheel alignment?

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
woooooot just got my KU36 hahah i only got two to put in the front :biggrin: they look soo mean :drool:

isaw

Banned
wait till the shine wears off and you take them for a drive! they just keep gripping! but watch out for the wear, mine will be lucky to last 10k km, and thats with a swap :(

Last edited:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
reason i purchased them was coz they were cheap and i needed a tyre as my Pirelli tyre has a egg in it :mad: soo thats why i got the KU36 ahahahh

mljchan

gti mkv fanatic
Car(s)
gti mk5
:yikes:damn nik, does that mean you're driving like scotty?

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
no lol i dont know how the egg happened.....think bob jane damaged the tyres when they were fixing the nail puncture...you know i am very careful when i drive:smile:

did you get my msg :biggrin:

mljchan

gti mkv fanatic
Car(s)
gti mk5
yeah, got your message. no probs. i'll give you a call tomorrow.