GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Koni Discussion Thread

gtiinsc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Acura TL SH.AWD
supaflip > thx - and to add to what soze said,

i have had a chance to run them a bit and the car in addition to offering an oem+ ride quality is more stable and composed in hard cornering.

supaflip

WWAATTAAHH!!!
hey guys, just installed my bbs ch wheels et50 with 225/40/18 tires. i got the wheels from itisagoodname, check page 5 or 6 of this thread for the wheels. i haven't taken pictures yet coz it's been raining on-off here in cali and car is a bit dirty

anyways, i'm rubbing so bad on my front right and never on my left front. my front right feels so soft even when i change to the stiffest settings. i can never get the cross weight properly lol. but yea the car still have the heavy lean on the front right when i'm entering a left corner.

so i raised her up this weekend with 10 thread's up on the left front and 15 threads up on the right front. the weight on the front right seems less when i adjust it. also set it to 360 turn from fully stiff.

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI

SSMR

Passed Driver's Ed
Problem with Shock fitting into the housing.

So i tried to Install Koni Sport (Yellow) on my rabbit yesterday, I used a strut spreader, but it still would no go in all the way. it only needs about a 1/4" to go, and it seems stuck. I tried everything, but it just won't go in. I even put everything back in place. I have the problem on both sides. Please HELP.

DUSlider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16' GTI SE/PP
So, buddy installed my Koni Coilovers today. Had an issue with one of the rear shocks as we couldn't compress the rod completely to adjust the damping.

Put it on anyway because I had no other options. What could cause this? The other rear shock we were able to adjust easily.

Pics of final install. I need to raise it up a bit because of the wheels.

I think it was 8 threads up in the rear and 5 in the front?

supaflip

WWAATTAAHH!!!
^ maybe one of the rear shocks was on the stiffest settings that's y its kind of difficult to compress it. How does it ride tho? Ur car looks pretty good. U still have the rear spring perches?

DUSlider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16' GTI SE/PP
Yea, all perches were left in. Front is up 5 threads from bottom I think, and rears 8. I need to play with the damping for the front and back. I'll get better pictures, but I need to raise it as I can't get into my or my grandmothers driveways (I have to take her to appts once in awhile).

Ride is not as good as my DG springs with stock shocks but I think that'll be improved a little once I raise it up a bit.

Suspension was purchased new, which is supposed to be set to full soft. So not sure. I need to contact MJM/Koni and see what they say.

supaflip

WWAATTAAHH!!!
that's pretty low considering u still have threads left to go low. ur wheels are 19s right?

don't raise :biggrin:. just play with the dampening see what's right for ya haha

i'd recommend
Rear: 1/4 from fully stiff
front: 1/2 turn or 1 full turn from fully soft

but yeah my bet is, that one yur rear shock is in fully stiff. it's quite hard to compress when it's fully stiff, make sure u using a vise and arm is steady it'll go down pretty slow