GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

k03 to k04??

Sudu420

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 gti mkv
Interesting.. I'm sure there must be some reason people dont do this. It said they swap the k03 wheel for the k04 wheel for 200 but is that really the only difference between the two?

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
They don't do our turbos.. this topic has been beaten to death on this forum and on vwvortex.. search for it

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Is the only only difference between k03 and k04 the internals of the turbo?? If so why hasn't anyone just rebuilt there k03 to k04...The link is a shop that does it..

The two turbos look the same, however they are completely different.

The CHRA (internals, turbine/compressor wheels) are larger and made of different materials.

The Compressor housing on the k04 is larger and features a turbo speed port for turbo speed gauges. Fitting the K03 in the K04 would require machining the inside of the K03 compressor housing.

The compressor housing on the k04 does not have an integrated DV like the K03.

The wastegate on the K04 is different.

The Exhaust manifold and hotside of the k04 turbo is Stainless steal rather than cast iron.

The N75 is the same.

gti314

mkv-gti-fast
Car(s)
'08 GTI MKV
Awesome thanks for the info i noticed it wasnt for our cars.... is porting and polishing a bad idea on our turbos/manifold

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
Awesome thanks for the info i noticed it wasnt for our cars.... is porting and polishing a bad idea on our turbos/manifold

there is a guy on this forum who has done it and claims he great results but i would recommend you go straight k04 and dont bother

JoeyDaBomb

Go Kart Champion
The two turbos look the same, however they are completely different.

The CHRA (internals, turbine/compressor wheels) are larger and made of different materials.

The Compressor housing on the k04 is larger and features a turbo speed port for turbo speed gauges. Fitting the K03 in the K04 would require machining the inside of the K03 compressor housing.

The compressor housing on the k04 does not have an integrated DV like the K03.

The wastegate on the K04 is different.

The Exhaust manifold and hotside of the k04 turbo is Stainless steal rather than cast iron.

The N75 is the same.

/end thread

gti314

mkv-gti-fast
Car(s)
'08 GTI MKV
got anywhere to get a cheaper one that 1,300 thats what ecs has k04s at right now

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
gti314, If you wants to wait a bit, we'll have a fully integrated solution that should be pretty cheap. You'll have no need to buy extra parts to reroute the DV as it will be all integrated on the turbocharger.

The TSI version of the kit, including software, sells for about 2,300 on sale right now, so just add injectors to that price and you'll basically know what it will cost from us.