GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

k&n

dickiedocker

luckycharm gti
any body running a k&n panel filter. if so what do you think:23:

1MEANGTI

Ready to race!
They are well worth the money. You get almost as much if not the same performance benefits as a SRI without the sound.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
I agree... hear the turbo spool just a bit more... and never have to replace it. Good stuff. Cheap too.

Candy30

Ready to race!
i'm buyin one tomorrow for my ED30 so i'll post comments

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
I'm not sure about power improvements because I only had the car for about a week or two before I got the filter, so I don't remember what it was like driving on the stock filter too well.

Fuel economy on the other hand, improved a noticeable amount by 2-3 mpg. The mileage increase was most notable in city driving, not so much highway.

I'd highly recommend it based on the fuel savings alone. It'll easily add up to counter the cost of the new filter.

Installing the filter, on the other hand, won't be so fun if it's your first time working under the hood with the FSI engine.

Just make sure you take the filter out every now and then (I think they recommend every 40,000 miles or so, more if you drive in dusty conditions often) and clean it with a filter cleaning kit. When you do clean it, be careful to not put too much oil on it when re-oiling it because I hear it screws up a sensor.

Khobin~

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'07 GTI, '97 YZF600R
when I first got mine I noticed a gain in fuel economy too. :thumbsup:

The last tank though my mileage seems to have dropped...not sure if it's the filter, or just happened to get a bad tank of gas (I filled up at a station I don't normally fill up at). :iono:

My current tank it has improved back to almost normal after filling up at my usually station. :thumbsup:

Personnally I didn't find hard at all to put in, but since seeing how easy it is to remove that oil filler tube I keep thinking I should have just gotten a CAI and tossed out the plastic... :biggrin:

EDIT: Oh, and the throttle response seemed to imporve a hair, but that's based on the butt dyno... :lol:

Eric1285

Ready to race!
Can anyone comment on the difficulty level of installing a K&N filter for the TSI engine? Is that part even available yet?

I've got an '09 on order...not sure how much I want to modify it as I'd like to keep my warranty intact for the first 20k miles or so. That, and I'm not too experienced as far as messing around under the hood goes. I can follow a clear set of instructions, but that's about it. Most I've ever done is installing an exhaust on my buddy's car.

jerd

Ready to race!
Great mod for ur dollar....You won't need an intake if you get the drop in filter....You just need a downpipe to compliment this and you can go straight to stage 2 software....vw mkv gti's have an awesome oem air setup already....good luck

Eric1285

Ready to race!
Great mod for ur dollar....You won't need an intake if you get the drop in filter....You just need a downpipe to compliment this and you can go straight to stage 2 software....vw mkv gti's have an awesome oem air setup already....good luck

Nice, thanks for the info. I'll definitely have to consider it when I take delivery of my car.

cbursten

Banned
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI 6MT
:threadjacked:
Anybody want one with about 1k miles on it? $40 shipped. Stock engine cover FS too. $110 + shipping. PM me.

Sorry 'bout the thread jack...had to do it

racinrabbit

Professional Wheelman
:threadjacked:
Anybody want one with about 1k miles on it? $40 shipped. Stock engine cover FS too. $110 + shipping. PM me.

Sorry 'bout the thread jack...had to do it

:sm3:

haha, j/k man. But seriously :paddle: