GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K&N Air Filter Fitting

Vins25

Dump Valve 7000RPM
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
Hey guys, I wanted to put a K&N air filter to my 2008 GTI , but my friends told me that the only way to install the filter is by taking the cover off..

I dont want to take the cover off:iono: , I want the car to look a bit cool when u open the hood:yikes:!

So any DIYz? Ideas on how maybe cut the cover or smthng

Thnx

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
are we talking about the stock replacement filter?

This.

K&N does have a replacement filter wich its installed the same way as the OEM filter, just lasts longer and claims better air flow, keyword "claims", ill keep the OEM version better.

Most CAI´s if not all have their own piping wich means you would have to remove the cover, i think the APR one just change the first part of the air box and you can keep almost the whole engine cover, just with some minor cutting.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Shoulda went itg if doing only a filter. But yes its easy to change and maintains the factory look.

FiXXXerX

Ready to race!
This.

K&N does have a replacement filter wich its installed the same way as the OEM filter, just lasts longer and claims better air flow, keyword "claims", ill keep the OEM version better.

Most CAI´s if not all have their own piping wich means you would have to remove the cover, i think the APR one just change the first part of the air box and you can keep almost the whole engine cover, just with some minor cutting.

I didn't think you had to cut anything to fit the APR Carbino (Assuming this is an 2008.5 or below)...

Doesn't look like it... but I could always be wrong