GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

just got called out by some dude

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
It's probably free, depending on how old it is and the miles. BMW pays for anything/everything other than tires & gas for 4 years/50k miles iirc :thumbsup:

See if you can beat him some more and maybe you can talk him into trading cars :iono:

Beat me to it.

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
Car(s)
CW MkV
My dad owns a 05 645ci and I have to say from low speeds the GTI could have it but easily past 45+ the 645 has the advantage, hands down.

returnofcc

Terrible Driver
My dad owns a 05 645ci and I have to say from low speeds the GTI could have it but easily past 45+ the 645 has the advantage, hands down.

Lol, I don't think anyone races from 0 to 45. And it's RWD, so I doubt the gti could even beat it in that range.

UberJAY

Go Kart Champion

yeah i dont know about that either. at 95/100ish he still was behind me so

UberJAY

Go Kart Champion
but if it was any longer i know he would have been playing catch-up

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
That's pretty sweet. I won't feel so threatened around them anymore. At least not until they begin to explore the triple digits.

Midwest Hick

verrUcktVW
Car(s)
Candy White GTI
now my gf and i raced a woman driving a BMW 645i. i had to get over a lane so i cood get onto the hiway and she woodnt let me, so i forced my way over. (not on hiway yet, just a street) we both enter the hiway with her behind me and we both floored our cars. once i hit 130 and had her by at least 3 cars i shut down and gave a wave out the door. she did a BMW ricer-flyby at like 140 and cut some ppl off.

I immediately chacha(242-242) on my phone and those things are only 300 hp and 280 tq i think. my gf and i were both pleased with our APR S2 gti.

IIIHobbs

The Old Man Down the Road
Car(s)
2007 GTI
How typical of the losers to have a shopping list of excues as to why they didn't win (this time) lol!
This past summer the boys from APR were challanged by the boys from Forge after/during Waterfest weekend.
The Forge team was apparently all up in APRs face, that is until AFTER the race when they had a whole list of excuses why they didn't win (this time).
The fact is that they didn't have a chance (based on performance mods and specs) but still; when you are beat, you're beat.
Iococa said it best, "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."

Chi_GTI_2009

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
love the quote

Tempted2Speed

is cooler than you
Car(s)
2007 GTI CW 6MT
How typical of the losers to have a shopping list of excues as to why they didn't win (this time) lol!
This past summer the boys from APR were challanged by the boys from Forge after/during Waterfest weekend.
The Forge team was apparently all up in APRs face, that is until AFTER the race when they had a whole list of excuses why they didn't win (this time).
The fact is that they didn't have a chance (based on performance mods and specs) but still; when you are beat, you're beat.
Iococa said it best, "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."

Lol I wanna know more about this APR/ Forge thing

BTW good win OP I love how a STG1 gti takes down the o so coveted 6 series, even if it is just a 645

IIIHobbs

The Old Man Down the Road
Car(s)
2007 GTI
You can read about it here:

The cars:

The first GTi in the lineup. Our TSI show car.

AND

VS.

The forge GTi furthest back in the lineup.

Pics courtesy of brdaniel89 at the other VW site.

The Story:

So, APR and Forge were staying at the Hilton this year. I'm sure they saw us hanging around after the show up in the bar just like we saw them.

On Saturday night, we were heading up to Chili's with our MK5 TSI and our MK6, both Stage 3's. We valet'ed the cars for easy access and security. Whilst we are waiting for the valet attendant to deliver our rides, we see some of the forge guys heading for the parking garage. Thinking nothing of it, we jump in our cars once delivered to us and proceed to hit up Chili's.

As we leave our hotel, right before the light for rte 18 we see the forge GTi parked on the side of the hotel exit seemingly waiting for us to leave. Ok....its Jersey and the cops are crazy and they are on the lookout for speeding, racing, etc. VW's and Audi's but "what the hell" I thought as I had bail money in my pocket.

I pull up to the light in the right lane, the forge GTi jumps out of their hiding spot into the left lane and Chris in our MK5 ends up behind them. At this point I am thinking to myself that this must be a setup of some sorts and that this forge GTi is making some serious power OR they have no idea what we are we are packing. Anyways, its obviously game on.

As the light turns green, we hang a left onto rte 18 which is the wrong way towards chili's but looked like the best spot to hit it as we were heading right over the overpass for the Turnpike with a nice long straight and not much traffic, cool.

Looking for the typical 3 beep and go I roll out nice and slow in first expecting us to get up to some kind of speed and then fire it off. Once we get straight from the turn however, the forge GTi starts to spool and they are in it WOT. Uh oh, I say to myself, so much for a clean race.

I quickly short shift into second and start to get the 6 up to speed as the forge GTi is pulling. Boost pressure hits at 22 psi and the traction control light starts going crazy. Damn, but I am still reeling in the forge GTi and all is well.

I'm in the far right lane at this point and it ends very soon. Well, if this race is still close they prolly aren't going to let me over. I'm a little stressed for a second and so I have no idea what the MK5 is doing but I glance over and Chris is in the 3rd lane just one over from the forge GTi.

Top of second with traction control still doing its job and a little bit of wheel slip, I start to pass to the forge GTi. Whew! I might make it around before the lane ends.

Bang 3rd and its like the forge GTi is standing still. I put an instantaneous 4-5 more car lengths on the forge GTi and very easily merge in front of them. At the same time Chris is now right next to me one lane over and the forge GTi is doing nothing but disappearing in our mirrors. A nice little APR Power sandwich for the forge GTi.:clap: Just for fun, I go ahead and hit fourth for a couple of thousand rpm's and then slow down to let forge catch up.

Thinking I am just going to give them the thumbs up, Arin who is my passenger rolls his window down and we look over and hear the driver yelling:

"I've got 4 people in the car!" "4 people!":bellyroll:

Arin and I laugh and roll our eyes and look for the stupid no left turn U turn things so we can turn around and head back to chili's. At this point I wish I would have hit the hazards when we blew by them seeing as we were obviously up against some "fast and furious" type boy racers with the typical excuses and all.

Arin and I merely assumed it was a stock turbo car and forge didn't know what they were up against. I mean seriously, that car was obviously down at least 100hp against us. I didn't even consider it a kill at that point since it was such an unevenly matched race.

Silly Ricers!!!!!!!

You know what they say, "Go APR"!