Not open for further replies.

codaloo

Adventure Seeker
Car(s)
'09 GTI
JetTurbo contacted me through personal email and requested I post this for him:

JetTurbo said:
Hello all,
I miss not being able to help out on the forums.

I have been prohibited from posting on this GolfMKV since December 2012.
Could be they are blocking my IP, don't really know.
But even then, I have disabled WiFi and connected thorugh 4G wireless on my iPhone,
which would be a completely different IP address,
and using TapaTalk I get no option to reply,
I can read my messages, but not reply to them either.

Can not think of anything that I have done that would warrant this.

Have no idea why, but when I am logged in to the forum and
I attempt to reply, access my profile, send a PM, etc …
I basically see the same thing:

I attempted to contact the moderators though the forum's contact us link at the bottom of the page.

So far no luck in any reply from golfmkv.com getting through to me.

I did all of the obvious things. Carefully checked spam buckets,
whitelisted all the appropriate addresses at both the ISP level and email software level.
Cleared cookies, etc.

My 12 year old vwvortex account under the same name ( JetTurbo ) is still active,
I continue to post there and can receive private messages through that board.

JetTurbo

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
Car(s)
GLI
WTF? He is one of helpful members and electrical guru in this forum.
I wish we would bring him back!

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Advansuper2.0 was banned after he made a fs thread for his wheels. Totally random and uncalled for

And that's the de facto reason why this site's visitors #'s are tanking. Roughly 75% of the good friends I've made on here have been banned at one point or another for reasons that are beyond my comprehension. Pretty much why I gave up posting here as well (except for the classifieds).

UGFast89

The Dubster Sith
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Wth. Jet is one of the most respected members on this site and other sites as well (vortex, myfastgti, etc). He is an essential key especially when it comes to vagcom and electrical help. No one knows more than him on that field and I have never seen him disrespect anyone even in condescending ways. Moderators?

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
Absolute bullshit, incredibly helpful member who has contributed far more than most. Tell him to keep trying the contact if he wants back. I was IP-banned after some retard tried trolling me and after a few tries they unbanned me. Although my IP is STILL banned on golfmk7 even though I have been to that forum ~once.

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
Yea. This is getting pretty lame. And watch... We get banned for breaking a forum rule for discussing a banned member and this thread gets blackholed.

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Yea. This is getting pretty lame. And watch... We get banned for breaking a forum rule for discussing a banned member and this thread gets blackholed.

^​
Because that's a perfect example of how to increase traffic (and thus increase your ad revenue) to a forum you own/moderate.

Oh wait...

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
:readthethread::sm3::sm3:

That really sucks. He was a helpful dude who never created controversy. Just another in the long list of perma-banned useful contributing former members. Damn shame what this site turned into. This site became so under moderated because most of the old mods have long since moved on. So the admin *cough cough* JJ, has taken it upon himself to do the moderating himself in a very draconian fashion. Meanwhile the sister site golfmk6 is totally OVER moderated where mods are appointed seemingly by popularity contest (Grambles, A_Bowers heres looking at you). Also they have no idea what the warning/infraction button is or how a temporary ban works. A_Bowers likes to brag in OT of his conquest.

These forums are a business, I get that. But how do you expect to gain popularity/views/revenue while trying so hard to get rid of everyone who contributes? You don't even bother respond to business trying to pay you to become sponsors. If this were a brick and mortar business, this is the equivalant of not having a sign out front, or no one to run the cash register. You're only limiting yourself.

After 22k post, I'll probably get banned for this one. But hopefully some one at the top will read it before they hit the button.

/ Rant.

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
This forum is definitely almost dead. My other forums- e90post, impalassforum, vwvortex, and MG experience are all much more active than this one. For me, this forum has taken a back seat due to a few reasons:

1. I sold the GTI
2. Too many teenagers who drive too fast in traffic joined this site.
3. Which intake should I get?

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE

If we're going down for posting in here, I'll gladly be on this train.

JetTurbo is by far the most helpful guy around here and if he is in fact banned, that would be a disgrace to this forum.

Like Tre said, the site visits for this place are going down hill fast, and I too blame all of the bans.

o6RSGTI

Ready to race!
yeah i know another member of this forum that was banned without a warning. the funny thing was he didn't even know about it. he could login post massages and send PMs but no one else could see his posts and get his PMs that's how he found out that he was banned lol.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Half the reason I post on MK6 is because of the downhill nature of this forum. Sad :(

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
I honestly don't think there's a single active moderator on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.